The best 1/72 Gannet?

I did the Revel one a few years back and mucked it up, so I have the urge to do another. I had trouble fitting the "Power Egg" assembly and bomb bay doors, but I don't know if this was down to me or the kit.

So, which is best... Revell, Trumpeter, Frog or Sword?

I asked a somewhat similar question last year, having found myself with both Revell and Trumpeter kit in the stash, and I got these answers that you may find useful

I only focused on these two kits for the reason that I would not consider the Frog kit and its reboxes today as they all lack cockpit and wheel wells. The Sword kit on the other hand is of a different variant so for this reason I did not ask about that kit (that I also have in the stash). Not having started any of them yet I can't comment on fit from a personal experience

I literally finished the Sword AEW.3 yesterday - see my WIP here if you're interested: 

It was my first 'short run' kit so a bit of a challenge for someone who's used to the likes of Airfix etc.  Plenty of dry fitting and a healthy dose of scepticism for the instructions are a must, but it builds up nicely and I'm happy with mine.  I can't comment on how accurate the kit itself is - although it certainly looks like a Gannet!

Al.

I'm trying to finish my revel Gannett from the box of doom it's not the frog 1 but it is fiddly and as far as I can tell it looks like a Gannett I've built other sward kits and I don't think there's much in fit and quality apart from location pins ( it was in the box duo to Loss of interest and fear of painting)

Sorry me again 

Just looked at it the only fit problem is closing the fuselage which throse the fit of part 33 front of the airplane out if I was to do it again I'd sand more off the internal width 

3 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Isn’t the Revell one just a reissued Frog/Novo kit? 

Depends which Revell kit you're talking about. Kit number 04106 from 1996 is the FROG one, but 04397 (AS.1/4) and 04845 (T.5) are Revell's own tool from 2008.

• Like 1

The ancient Frog is reasonably accurate shape wise but is a lot of work to make presentable.

Revell is nice, has lots of detail but the rear end is so screwed up I wouldnt waste anymore money on one.

Trumpeter is interesting, the internals are rubbish but the outside is nice, exactly the same as the CMR kit they bare faced ripped off.

• Thanks 1