Migammo one shot primer

Whitewolf

11 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

Hi guys, for those who have used it on their tanks, what is the best thinner to use with this??

Thanks

I have tried using the one shot primer before and not found it very good keeps clogging the airbrush and it doesn't seem to recommend a thinner to use on the product as it is meant to be used straight from the bottle without thinning.  I personally find it to thick to spray I use a H&S airbrush with a 0.4 nozzle and needle at around 20psi but it clogs every time yet I know others that use it all the time without any problems so not sure what I am doing wrong.

13 minutes ago, Blade2009 said:

I have tried using the one shot primer before and not found it very good keeps clogging the airbrush and it doesn't seem to recommend a thinner to use on the product as it is meant to be used straight from the bottle without thinning.  I personally find it to thick to spray I use a H&S airbrush with a 0.4 nozzle and needle at around 20psi but it clogs every time yet I know others that use it all the time without any problems so not sure what I am doing wrong.

You and me both.....it clogged my airbrush and I'm not impressed. Too thick to spray from bottle?

Evidently I have heard that it is re-bottled Stynylrez.

If so then it should be sprayed as per their instructions large nozzle and 30 PSI.

I use a .5 nozzle at 30 PSI and the Stynylrez sprays fine, just for fun I put it through my .18 Custom Micron and it again sprayed fine at the 30 P{SI mark.

So I would suggest upping the pressure to get it to atomise better, see if that makes a difference.

• Thanks 1

I also read that this was re badged Stynylrez - as is ultimate modelling product’s primer (which I tried spraying with a Badger 150 and heavy needle last night) tried at 15 20 and 25 psi and it was a disaster. Even tried thinning it, which made no difference at all. Sputtered and clogged - perhaps that extra 5 psi might have made the difference, but I just shook up my rattler can of Mr Surfacer Black and used that instead - Beautiful finish as always :)  

I have thinned it with water, which works well enough, but the surface finish is so unpredictable that I tend not to use it much foranything.  My 'go to' primer is usually Halfords grey plastic primer in a rattle can, which has been 100% reliable so far..