1/72 FineMolds F-4EJ Phantom with DXM decals digital camo

Hello,

Here are pics of my most recent build, the newish Finemolds F-4 with DXM decals and Aires seats. Painted with Mr.Color C124 and finished with VMS matte varnish.

The kit is pleasant, although those insert panels are no fun to blend in. The DXM sheet was good too, about 95% accurate and a lot of work but I like the result, hope you do too.

OgYbcqw.jpg

IED3IpE.jpg

fdz9pI8.jpg

AHqcGbs.jpg

3NUx0n8.jpg

vm7ThRa.jpg

5HmlpyN.jpg

7V6yrKm.jpg

77zmpZy.jpg

Here with his digital compadre I built a couple years ago, the Mitsubishi F-2A

cgs1jn7.jpg

Bye!

• Like 39

Thank you all, glad you like the build 🥰.

15 hours ago, 2lefthands said:

How did you achieved the fine lines on the canopy? Stripes of decal or masked and airbrushed? Its remarkably good especially in 1/72 scale.

The Finemolds kit has recessed panel lines around the glass, so this is just a creamy beige enamel wash, quick and easy job.

13 hours ago, Galligraphics said:

That looks really good although my eyes might take a while to recover... that is quite a finish! I'm assuming it was decals rather than lots of masking...?

Yup, the DXM offer is divided in two sheets, one with the pixel camo and the other with the numerous stencils.

12 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

An amazingly successful project.  How long did it take you?🙂

Colin

Oddly enough, this was one of my quickest builds ever as I am busy with a 2-y-o kid these days and still have multiple ongoing projects. I started back in december 2021, most decals are grouped together so the decaling took perhaps a good 20 hours including the glossing, sanding and repaints over the areas which silvered too badly.

Bye!

• Like 1