Welcome to the Platinum Jubilee groupbuild.  This is our opportunity to celebrate the reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

There will be two categories. The first refers to the coronation year of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.   Any military equipment in service with British and Commonwealth forces in 1952 is eligible.  Any civilian equipment in general use at that time is also eligible.  One restriction is that the markings must show that item in 1952.  So, for example, a Canberra B2 in 101 Sqn markings would be eligible, whereas a Canberra B(I)8 would not.   (However, see below)

The second category is for anything directly associated with Her Majesty.  It doesn't matter what the date is, if Her Majesty flew on it, travelled in it, sailed on it, even looked at it...   then it's in!  However, once again there is a restriction.  Your subject must be proven to be associated with Her Majesty, either by documentation or a linked photo.

In this category the most obvious subject would be an Austin Tilly. There are famous photographs showing Princess Elizabeth changing the wheel of one of these. That specific Tilly would be perfectly eligible.  Also in those photographs is an Austin K2.  The forthcoming Airfix kit even has a marking option for that one.

Anything operated by the RAF Queen's Flight is in.  HMY Britannia.  How many naval vessels has the Queen been on board?  Well, they are all in - and not just British and Commonwealth ones.  Wanna build a car?  The Queen has often been picured in Range Rovers.  Provided you can find a valid registration plate (shouldn't be difficult) then it's in.  If you can find a picture of the Queen stood next to a Canberra B(I)8, then the previous restriction is overcome.  Another option which would allow a Canberra B(I)8 into the running is if one took part in a Royal flypast.   Basically any vehicle, ship or aircraft which took part in a Royal flypast, review or parade is eligible.

This category has a huge scope.  When the groupbuild was first proposed I found a picture of the Queen stood next to the Tiger tank at Bovington tank museum.

Whatever your favourite subject, I'm sure you can find a picture of the Queen stood next to it!

The other usual rules apply for this GB.

All kits must be less than 25% complete.  If you are unsure as to the eligibility of your part-build kit, contact one of the co-hosts and we will make a decision.

No buying and selling in the groupbuild forum area, please.  Britmodeller has a dedicated area for that.

The final rule is, you must have fun!  In fact, it's The Law!   :lol:  🧑‍⚖️

Your co-hosts for this GB will be @Black Knight  and yours truly.

• Like 6