Revell Audi R10 ALMS 2007

Finally finished! I started this a good while ago, took a break and then had to find all the bits (in four separate boxes!) to finish it. The kit is Revell's 1/24 Audi R10, which comes with decals for Le Mans cars. However I wanted to do an American Le Mans Series (ALMS) entrant, so it needed new decals (Studio 27) and a few mods, mainly to replace the flush front wings with the heavily-louvred items seen on the ALMS cars. Then the engine and bay were detailed, as was the cockpit, plus double dive planes on the nose, scratch-built headlights and wheels from Le Mans Miniatures. I think that's about it. RFI (ish) is here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235093097-revell-audi-r10-alms-2007/

001 (1)

001 (2)

002 (3)

002 (7)

003 (1)

004 (3)

004 (4)

004 (8)

005 (2)

006 (2)

006 (5)

007 (2)

008 (1)

009 (2)

This is the engine as built from the kit - it's OK as a starting point, but missing some key components. Also the gearbox is a bit notional:

z kit (3)

010 (2)

011 (1)

013 (2)

012 (2)

• Like 26

1 hour ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Good work! You have done excellent job from this kit. I know this is challenging one and I hope my build will half as good.

I look forward to it!

Lovely result there Duncan. As I delve more into Auto modelling, I'm getting quite taken by these La Mans/ALMS cars. This one is particularly inspiring.

Terry

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spiny said:

As usual, a stunning looking build from you. Unlike the usual, it's a bigger scale and so you seem to have crammed even more detail into it. Great job.

I do note the presence (as usual) of a number of cat hairs though!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...