Spitfire XIV 1/48 Eduard+ Airfix kitbash

Hi all,

several months ago I started a kitbash combining parts from the Airfix Spitfire FRXIV and Eduard Spitfire VIII. The in progress build is here.

After a long procrastination, I finally completed the painting and assembly. I used Tamiya paints. The plane is coded UM G from 152 squadron, with the famous black panther.

I sourced the panther from a very old Aeromaster decal sheet, the rest of the markings are painted with masks cut with a Silhouette cutter. 

To have a kind of generic base, I constructed a kind of 'half hangar' from blue styrofoam and plastic card. Here are some pictures:

P1060783

P1060784

P1060785

P1060786

I hope you will like it,

best,

Christian.

• Like 55
  • Thanks 4

Looks wonderful, I really like the eggshell finish and Eastern theatre markings. I've generally not been a fan of the look of high-backed griffons but somehow, this one looks very nice indeed. Not that you need it at all but did you see Paul budzik's video on this conversion?

13 hours ago, Ngantek said:

Looks wonderful, I really like the eggshell finish and Eastern theatre markings. I've generally not been a fan of the look of high-backed griffons but somehow, this one looks very nice indeed. Not that you need it at all but did you see Paul budzik's video on this conversion?

thanks a lot guys for the kind comments. Yes I watched Paul's video on this conversion, I actually followed it very closely. Paul Budzik Youtube channel is a real joy to watch.

have a nice day,

Christian.

16 hours ago, cger said:

Hi all,

several months ago I started a kitbash combining parts from the Airfix Spitfire FRXIV and Eduard Spitfire VIII. The in progress build is here.

After a long procrastination, I finally completed the painting and assembly. I used Tamiya paints. The plane is coded UM G from 152 squadron, with the famous black panther.

I sourced the panther from a very old Aeromaster decal sheet, the rest of the markings are painted with masks cut with a Silhouette cutter. 

To have a kind of generic base, I constructed a kind of 'half hangar' from blue styrofoam and plastic card. Here are some pictures:

P1060783

P1060784

P1060785

P1060786

I hope you will like it,

best,

Christian.

Nice.

Alain

18 hours ago, cger said:

I hope you will like it,

What's not to like?