Airfix P-40 Warhawk 1/72

Still posting some of my older stuff that I finished last year.  This one was a nice little Airfix kit, and it was a nice change of pace from the heavy ship kits I've been working on lately.  With ships taking so long to complete, it was cathartic to finish one so quickly.  I think this took me a weekend.  It was my first time trying chipping with a coloured pencil, and I haven't quite go the hang of it yet.  I'll get there eventually.  And I completely forgot to add the exhaust and gunsmoke stains.  I guess my wife is right when she tells me I'm not perfect...

xgucFmw.jpg

fjL943U.jpg

bucqX7D.jpg

81wwNBW.jpg

7SCEDE5.jpg

MctgdQ3.jpg

4UfiYUo.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Hi, very well done indeed !! your chipping is very fine, even, if I may, these planes in pearl harbor were pretty new  , and well maintained, so no need to mark in excess exhaust and gun stains. 

Thus I really like your build, curtiss  fighters are my favorite aircrafts family ..😁, it's fun to see that I just got my airfix kit few weeks ago ..😉.

just two questions

what paint did you used ?  , your OD looks quite good for the period 

same question about your color pencil, as your chipping with it is very fine . 

Regards , and bravo again 

Thanks for the replies!  I finished it with Tamiya paints, mostly their Olive Drab overtop of a mottled white over the black primer to give the paint some distressed look.  I weathered it with Abteilung oils.  I can't remember the brand of the chipping pencil.  I'll have to check when I get a chance.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ErikT said:

Still posting some of my older stuff that I finished last year.  This one was a nice little Airfix kit, and it was a nice change of pace from the heavy ship kits I've been working on lately.  With ships taking so long to complete, it was cathartic to finish one so quickly.  I think this took me a weekend.  It was my first time trying chipping with a coloured pencil, and I haven't quite go the hang of it yet.  I'll get there eventually.  And I completely forgot to add the exhaust and gunsmoke stains.  I guess my wife is right when she tells me I'm not perfect...

xgucFmw.jpg

fjL943U.jpg

bucqX7D.jpg

81wwNBW.jpg

7SCEDE5.jpg

MctgdQ3.jpg

4UfiYUo.jpg

Nice one, well done.

Alain

16 hours ago, ErikT said:

Thanks for the replies!  I finished it with Tamiya paints, mostly their Olive Drab overtop of a mottled white over the black primer to give the paint some distressed look.  I weathered it with Abteilung oils.  I can't remember the brand of the chipping pencil.  I'll have to check when I get a chance.

thanks for your answer !! 

take care !