AIMS Models will close

Homebee

AIMS Models will close. 😢

https://www.facebook.com/AIMS-1246247558760457

14494880-1246249815426898-14811839645202

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Wdv9X7wfgTeWXzAygw5AWD4h3w5NDJVtnt4RZoomSBorigLNg7zBKJUR4s6Y494vl&id=1246247558760457

"John's hands

I was at the hospital yesterday to see the latest MRI reports and received the sickening news that I have the rare Kienböck's disease! 3 out of the 8 bones in each hand have large cysts in them as the bones are being killed. There is no cure and it is progressive. So this together with carpal tunnel syndrome has basically stopped my life in its tracks these last 15 months and it is now impossible to continue with AIMS. I am still trying to process the shocking news and as the only way to slow it down is to do almost nothing I have to decide how best to use the years I have left with my hands as they are before they get worse. I am in terrible pain 24/7 and there is currently no medication to help this condition. It is a bitter blow for me as I had hoped limiting distribution to just Hannants would enable me to keep going but I cannot even fold an A-4 paper in half without difficulty and can hardly drive so I need to make plans to stop."

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Sad 31

Terrible news for him, but hopefully he can make the most of what he has for as long as he can.

All the best to him

Dennis

That's bad news, and it sounds horrible for him :( I hope he manages to have a reasonably decent quality of life going forward, and if that means the end of AIMs, that's sad but necessary.  Maybe he'll sell his moulds some day, but that's for later consideration. :)

• Like 2

I'm very sorry to hear about Pastor John's condition - it must have been deeply shocking news to have received. I hope that he can keep his spirits up and it doesn't get him too down. I wish him all the best in the future. He has brought a great number of modellers much pleasure with his resin conversion-sets. 

Chris.  

Prayers for you and your situation. When I saw the facebook post I read of advancements in micro-surgery helping this condition so I hope this has been discussed with his medical team. It may not help but at this point any chance would be worth exploring.

Such sad news. I have enjoyed using AIMS products over the years and am building a Do217 with theAIMS conversion in the G/b now .

Hope you find relief for your pain

ALISTAIR

Very sad to read such bad news. AIMS has been one of the few AM brands that often releases stuff that made sense for my own projects. 
I wish you all the best in getting quality life and pain relieve. Must be hard to cope with the shock of knowing you have an irreversible disease…

On a side, and somewhat egoistic, note If AIMS products could be sold by some other company in the future that would be great also

all the best

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I just saw this as I was looking for the site (it now appears to be defunct, although the AIMS Facebook page is still active, with a post from as late as 30 November 2022). This is a true shame and I hope that Pastor John can recover from his condition, not so he can reopen his business, or anything like that, but for his own sake.

Jason

49 minutes ago, Learstang said:

I just saw this as I was looking for the site (it now appears to be defunct, although the AIMS Facebook page is still active, with a post from as late as 30 November 2022). This is a true shame and I hope that Pastor John can recover from his condition, not so he can reopen his business, or anything like that, but for his own sake.

Jason

Hi Jason, Hannants stocks AIMS stuff and Pastor John is still producing selected items, I've recently bought some resin detail parts for a Spitfire build.

Cheers

Dennis

• Thanks 1