Tupolev Tu-104 beacon lights

Einar

Hi,

I´m in the last stages of finishing my Amodel Tu-104A in 1/144 scale. I have tried to find the position of the beacon lights of the airliner in many pictures but without success. Could somebody tell me where the lights are located.

Thanks.

Einar 

Edited by Einar

• Einar changed the title to Tupolev Tu-104 beacon lights

Red mid chord on the fin top, and just ahead of the tail bumper, possibly a third on the belly c/l just ahead to the intakes. Drawings and one photo I have seem to bear this out. The fin top beacon is not always visible on photos. White/clear strobes at the rear of the wing tips. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Red mid chord on the fin top, and just ahead of the tail bumper, possibly a third on the belly c/l just ahead to the intakes. Drawings and one photo I have seem to bear this out. The fin top beacon is not always visible on photos. White/clear strobes at the rear of the wing tips. 

Thank you very much for the info🙏

Cheers 

Einar 

There are 2 anti-collision lights on Tu-104 as on this photo. 

White steady pos.light at the wingtips and at the rear of the fuselage (also visible on this photo) Originally there was no white strobe lights on those Tupolevs as they were not reqd by that time. However on the model there is no difference by appearance of strobe/steady pos.lights.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, airdaniel said:

There are 2 anti-collision lights on Tu-104 as on this photo. 

White steady pos.light at the wingtips and at the rear of the fuselage (also visible on this photo) Originally there was no white strobe lights on those Tupolevs as they were not reqd by that time. However on the model there is no difference by appearance of strobe/steady pos.lights.

spacer.png

Thank you very much Daniel

Einar 

10 hours ago, Pin said:

Early Tu-104 did not have tail strobes at all

CCCP-L5442.jpg

tu-104a_05_of_24.jpg

Shutterstock_1347075a.jpg

Thank you very much Pin! The old Tu-104A I'm modelling is the very OK-LDA. So no beacons on the tail or in front of the tail skid👍

Cheers,

Einar