It had to be done...Churchill Class Submarine- HMS Courageous

33 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

I was about to ask same!

Terry

As a lover of anything with wings (butterflies, moths, planes, birds, etc) I love to catch up with like-minded people :)

• Like 1

@Terry1954 @RidgeRunner I have this camera gear that I used for air shows and stuff but have become disillusioned with air shows and what they offer. I now only go to the Fly Navy at Shuttleworth to get the prop stuff, so my camera sits redundant for long periods. So, seeing that the Suffolk Wildlife Trust with its lakes is less than a mile away and the fens and the coast not far away, why not diversify. To answer your questions (while a listen to a woodpecker in the garden and is now helping himself to the peanut feeder), I'm not a birder but I do have a feeding station, bino's and an RSPB book/membership, it's photography that's gaining ground with birds and other wildlife being the subjects.  

Stuart

• Like 3

Update as promised...

20220617-134740.jpg

The base was painted with a dark blue with AK's 'Atlantic' gel applied when dry. Unfortunately the blue is not dark enough, so when at a local model show tomorrow, I'll have to acquire a pot of suitable paint.

Stuart

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

I'll have to acquire a pot of suitable paint.

Stuart you might want to get a couple of pots I use a mix of blues and greens depending on where the ocean or sea is in the world.

looking good so far mind

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Courageous said:

I have this camera gear that I used for air shows and stuff but have become disillusioned with air shows and what they offer.

I'm kind of with you there. I invested in some good camera gear way back for aviation shots, but now mostly use it on wildlife, esp birds (feathered kind!). I did go to the Farnborough airshow about four years ago and found it a bit disappointing tbh and on a trip to Wales a few years ago, we put one day aside to site ourselves right on top of LFA7 (the Mach Loop) and all that happened was the weather closed in and we heard a lot of fast jets!

We recently found some wetlands near Weymouth and although we have seen a Kingfisher there very close up on several occasions, have not yet caught it on camera, but it is a great source of wildlife esp bird subjects.

As Beefy says, the Sub is looking good so far.

Terry

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 06:50, Courageous said:

... I have this camera gear that I used for air shows and stuff but have become disillusioned with air shows and what they offer. ...

Hi Stuart.  I feel the same way.  I used to attend a number of military air shows each year, but lately cost cutting, the Afghan war, & the pandemic have reduced the number of shows & performers.  In the past (showing my age :clif:), it was always exciting to see the new & different aircraft performing each year.  But now, each show seems to be a repeat of the previous year. :(  

John

• Like 1

To much other stuff...and the heat, keeping me out of the cave.

20220624-110634.jpg

Improved the sea colour with darker blue, grey and green before a coat of Liquitex gloss was added. Added some shipmates to the casing a few in the water. Figs are Tamiya and are a bit flat looking but beggars can't be choosers. Not far now.

Stuart

• Like 9

On 6/20/2022 at 2:22 PM, JohnWS said:

Hi Stuart.  I feel the same way.  I used to attend a number of military air shows each year, but lately cost cutting, the Afghan war, & the pandemic have reduced the number of shows & performers.  In the past (showing my age :clif:), it was always exciting to see the new & different aircraft performing each year.  But now, each show seems to be a repeat of the previous year. :(  

John

I agree. Part of it is the lack of variety, of course, is down to reduced fleets, less variety generally, and operation commitments. I also get disillusioned with the sea of grey. I dont like "special" schemes or display teams either and so that limits my interest further.  I am going to Fairford departures day - your see most things and it is cheap!! ;)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Stuart. Is that you I see?

Cheers Martin, Think I was in the water when they were taking the pics.

Modern day jets have never been my thing except when on Mach Loop. I generally like the slower, prop stuff but that's getting a bit samey but when there are so few, it's bound to happen until a nice Mossie, Tempest or Typhoon turns up.

Stuart 

• Like 2