J.A.S.D.F. F-86D 101st Squadron 3 A.W.

Hello everybody … I am almost finished with my Mitsubishi F-2, so looked through the Stash. I have three options sitting here to choose from. In descending order of my choice I have an Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D this one actually. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-02018-f-86d-sabre-dog--178363

It has two complete kits but I think only one will be in Japanese marking's as I want to do a USAF version also. Next up is this kit a 1/72 Hasegawa Cf-104/F-104J combo kit. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-00446-f-104j-cf-104-starfighter--211404

However was thinking of holding it as a second build in the Canada group build. Last choice is this an old Eagles talon vacuform 1/72 Kawasaki Ki.32 Mary. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eagles-talon-et102-79-kawasaki-ki-32-mary--167693

This will be my first ever complete vacuform kit and it will get done but Im looking for an IM kit for some parts. Preferably the Airfix “Val” or Hasegawa “Kate” for the spats and prop as well as possibly the interior bits. If i use the “Kates interior and prop, I’d need to use the eagle talon wheel spats. So stay tuned and sometime soon a kit will start here in this thread. Which one it is will be determined by how I feel. If you wish to offer ideas or thoughts or vote please do so. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

Delighted to see you bringing a Vacform to the party Dennis  I've never built an Eagles-Talon kit before, looking forward to following this one :popcorn:

Best of luck.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Delighted to see you bringing a Vacform to the party Dennis  I've never built an Eagles-Talon kit before, looking forward to following this one :popcorn:

Best of luck.

Cheers Pat 

If I can find the bits Id love to build it, if I cant I may start it and take it as far as I can. 

Hello Pat @JOCKNEY and @arfa1983 I decided to hold on the vacuform as I dont have an interior or good wheel Spats to use. Once I have them I will get into it. I opted to go with the F-86D VezKAEL.jpg

CrROBwu.jpg

qPKfeFY.jpg

ECtMqWk.jpg

I then just jumped into the deep end and built up most of the plane tonight. 

DO4c4Kh.jpg

9TMmpLm.jpg

n0tnP7P.jpg

uIDqgZF.jpg

XywJDjy.jpg

3kXxgwr.jpg

4kVZ4ox.jpg

Sadly I spilled Tamiya extra thin down the side of the fuselage. I think my caps brush is failing and its turned into a hypodermic of some sort. As sometimes it picks up a large amount of glue. hXDmudN.jpg

sv878ot.jpg

The only bad spots are on the bottom of the fuselage shouldnt be too bad considering this will be aluminum. 

n7rvKrV.jpg

Last photo shows two of the aircraft types used as all weather interceptors in the 1950’s and early 60’s. gwZqQ5r.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 13

Ooo Dennis, finally we get to see a Sabre Dog in the build!!  :thumbsup:  I was wondering/hoping we would see one here.

Nice to see you're off and running with her as well.

Well good luck with this build, sounds like you have a very busy work bench, look forward to seeing this one completed.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good morning everybody … Well the decals are on this so I can start the decals on the F-2A next. JUL1f38.jpg

wxwp9c8.jpg

LzOJGWv.jpg

lFv0tFi.jpg

0xxcf4y.jpg

I have a Mustang project and Spitfire project up in Aviation WIP. Seems Ive accidentally started a Sabre project down here in the group build section. HsxC9Ma.jpg

From Right to left there is this one, My F-100F “Misty” FFAC from the Century series build. Finally there is the Sabre Mk.4 from the Jubilee build. Add to that two more F-86D’s, an F-86K, and an F-86E sitting in the wings waiting there turn. Please feel free to ask question's, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

very nice Dennis!!  :thumbsup:

I've always loved the look of the Sabre Dog over the Sabre, not sure why.  Plus any Sabre looks good in JSDAF scheme.

I feel the same the only two models that look better to me are the Hog and the Fury. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Dennis, I love her!!!! :thumbsup:

I really do like the Sabre Dogs, and she looks so nice a clean in this scheme.

Thanks for joining, I hope you enjoyed the build. Plus keep on with the F.2, will be great to see her eventually completed as well.

• Thanks 1