English Electric Lightning lights question

Did Lightnings have a red light on the upper spine and red and green lights in the wingtips? I'm finishing up an old Hasegawa Lightning and it has what looks like a light on the spine and what look like lights on the wing tips, but the only photos I can find that clearly show them as lights are either built kits or images from flight simulator games and I'm a bit skeptical as to the accuracy of those images. Thanks in advance for any help with this question. 

Lightnings definitely have red and green navigation lights on the port and starboard wingtip leading edges respectively.  However I can’t confirm a red anti-collision beacon on the spine (or belly) without doing a quick web trawl or references dive.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2022 at 23:03, Pantherhawk27263 said:

Did Lightnings have a red light on the upper spine and red and green lights in the wingtips? I'm finishing up an old Hasegawa Lightning and it has what looks like a light on the spine and what look like lights on the wing tips, but the only photos I can find that clearly show them as lights are either built kits or images from flight simulator games and I'm a bit skeptical as to the accuracy of those images. Thanks in advance for any help with this question. 

In addition to John's quote from the manual, I downloaded the following from Britmodeller some time ago.  Apologies to the original poster but I did not record your copyright - Sorry (If its you - holler !!) 

Clear Tail lights, one ethers side:-

spacer.png 

Wing tip and anti-col lights :-

spacer.png

Overall and showing upper spine mounted anti-col light :-

spacer.png

And don't forget the landing lights - one on each main gear leg :-

spacer.png

HTH

Dennis

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, sloegin57 said:

In addition to John's quote from the manual, I downloaded the following from Britmodeller some time ago.  Apologies to the original poster but I did not record your copyright - Sorry (If its you - holler !!) 

All photos credit:-  "Canberra Kid"

Clear Tail lights, one ethers side:-

spacer.png 

Wing tip and anti-col lights :-

spacer.png

Overall and showing upper spine mounted anti-col light :-

spacer.png

And don't forget the landing lights - one on each main gear leg :-

spacer.png

HTH

Dennis

No stobe's on the UK Lightning's just white bulbs under clear lenses. Wish I'd a £1 for every screw I removed  when doing night flying checks whilst on type.  You had to do a full light check both internal lights and external every day inc refuel probe lights and the  taxi lights. 

Edited by tweeky