That is very good progress Bertie, it has been great dropping back in and catching up the last three pages or so. The patination experiment looks to have been a success - does it seem to be resilient to touch?

All the best, and see you in the Salty Sea Dog GB - not long 'til it starts now.

Ray

On 1/3/2023 at 6:17 PM, Ray S said:

That is very good progress Bertie, it has been great dropping back in and catching up the last three pages or so. The patination experiment looks to have been a success - does it seem to be resilient to touch?

All the best, and see you in the Salty Sea Dog GB - not long 'til it starts now.

Ray

Tbh Ray, now it's on the stand, I am avoiding touching the copper. I don't know how durable the colours are now. Immediately after the egg experience, they resided a rub with a finger so I am reasonably confident. 

I today managed to set one deadeye, drunkenly leaning over, crumpled up and twisted. The deadeye itself was no better, so I desisted. 

• Haha 2

The Salty Sea Dog GB starts in a couple of days so I've laid up Beagle/Bagel for a while. I don't think it's wise to have two wooden boats on the slips at the same time.

I'll try to return, this isn't a shelving of doom but an embarrassment of riches situation. I don't know how long I'll be away

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

OK, I respect that, come back when you're good and ready

All the best

Geoff

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Right. I'm taking a break from Britmodeller. (I've set out my reasons in the 'about me' part of my profile.)

I hope to be back in the summer.

Look forward to seeing you back Don,

Look after yourself

Sam