Aircraft modeler in trouble

wellzy

Hi Guys  started  doing  AFVs  but l don't know  where to go for any accessories  for 1/35  AFV, atm .looking for a hedgerow cutter for a M5A1  Stuart ,

Thanks  for looking    Wellzy 

Howzabout the Big H? Here's a Military Vehicles search; use the Product Type menu on the right.

Oh, and Hannants sent out an email this morning about Jordio Rubio retiring; they suggested getting these while they last.

In the US, I'd try Sprue Bros.

I'm also an AFV noob, doing a 1/48 Tamiya Sherman in the M3/M4 STGB. There are some masters working there to learn from.

There were many variations of Tech Sgt Curtis Culin Jr's hedgerow cutter as they were locally made from whatever was available.  All of them are fairly easily scratchbuilt from plastic girder section, card etc.  Like this one.  Find a picture and copy it.  They generally attached to the front towing lugs: note the attachments points here at the back.  Usually they would be resting directly on the final drive bulges

spacer.png

Didn't the old Tamiya M5A1 come with a cutter (or their M8 Howitzer on the same chassis)? It's years since I built one and I no longer work in that scale. Somebody might be willing to donate a spare part 'to the cause' if you ask nicely.

Edited by John Tapsell

21 hours ago, John Tapsell said:

Didn't the old Tamiya M5A1 come with a cutter (or their M8 Howitzer on the same chassis)? It's years since I built one and I no longer work in that scale. Somebody might be willing to donate a spare part 'to the cause' if you ask nicely.

Thanks  John