Reggiane RE 2005 Sword 1:72

Hi Guys !  

I come back with this model, to follow my first post of the re 2000, first of the line, here is my Re 2005. end of line. I always loved this plane, for me one of the most elegant fighter of WW II. If not the most elegant one !!. just my opinion 😉 . At that time, Italians fighters pilots discovered these excellents series 5 fighters , Re 2005, MC 205 and fiat G55. They combined fine airframe design with powerful engines and strong armement. but as said ; too few too late..

So, Re 2005 was built in very few numbers, mainly used by 362 squadrigila in defence of Napoli area. the did their job mostly against B-24's , and despite some tail attachement weakness they did well. 

I choose to represent a rather "clean" aircraft, as they have seen little use on a short period of time . So a shiny livery as they came out of factory, and also  because  that put in good advantage the nice lines of the Re 2005. 

I had several kits of RE 2005 in 1:72 scale and for me the Sword one is the best, main thing is to drill the breda safat guns muzzles on the nose. Missing are the white stencils on nose and wings, witch were not provided on the sword decal sheet . and it's really sad, because they add more to the accuracy of the model.. but anyway..

now the pictures ; 

there is a story behind the story with this model , first I did it this way.. 

22021507102025890617796229.jpg

but, taking into account , the pertinent remarks made by " Zigomar" ( but I understood , first name is Jean ..😉) on the fact that a remarquable point  of Reggiane family fighters, was the lowering down of tail flaps when grounded, I've decided to do some surgery on this already built model.. it's not as clean as I would like, but .

After leaving the operation room 😁, it went out that way..

22051904321125890617897436.jpg

22051904223325890617897428.jpg

22051901482825890617897106.jpg

22051901483625890617897112.jpg

22051901483425890617897110.jpg

22051901484025890617897116.jpg

22051901483925890617897114.jpg

22051901483725890617897113.jpg

hope you will like it, and of course all your comments are very welcome !! cheers !! 

• Like 31

Very clean, very nicely presented.

If you look at photographs of any a/c, from any period, you will soon notice how they were parked. Some have drooping surfaces from loss of hydraulic  pressure, some from they way pilots exited the a/c once stopped. It all adds to the realistic presentation of a model. Well done for your efforts.

Regards

Pete

Beautiful sleek, elegant model. I like a lot the semi gloss finish.

If I may, I have one remarks to put forward:

the look of the model would have benefitted from replacing the antenna mast with a thinner one. There is a rather easy way to do that. Hammer flat a thick copper wire and file it to the desired shape.

Best regards,

Dan

8 hours ago, Dstream said:

Beautiful sleek, elegant model. I like a lot the semi gloss finish.

If I may, I have one remarks to put forward:

the look of the model would have benefitted from replacing the antenna mast with a thinner one. There is a rather easy way to do that. Hammer flat a thick copper wire and file it to the desired shape.

Best regards,

Dan

I  Dan , thanks for your interest for my post !! I appreciate, you're right, even if antennas mast on reggiane fighters were pretty " fat", I agree that mine is a little bit fatter regarding scale, .. to tell you the story, I lost the original one and built myself a new one 😁, but as I have "fat" fingers .. my antenna mast was as fat as them 😆

Thanks again for your kind attention .. 

take care !  cheers !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, François Escudé said:

I  Dan , thanks for your interest for my post !! I appreciate, you're right, even if antennas mast on reggiane fighters were pretty " fat", I agree that mine is a little bit fatter regarding scale, .. to tell you the story, I lost the original one and built myself a new one 😁, but as I have "fat" fingers .. my antenna mast was as fat as them 😆

Thanks again for your kind attention .. 

take care !  cheers !

and I take for good your advice with copper wire  , thanks !!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...