Easy Eights in Korea, Autumn 1951

Hello all,

A little late on the scene perhaps but hopefully should get this one wrapped up before the buzzer.

Korea, autumn 1951

A pair of US Army M4A3E8s pass by a medical jeep which has stopped to investigate an unexpected object...

spacer.png

So I'll be using the Arrowhead Minatures whitemetal E8. This is the best I can do for a box and sprue shot!

Its one of their more detailed models with four hatches available although no interior detail.

spacer.png

Some superglue and the main form goes together. Left the open hatches off for painting.

spacer.png

And lo there were two. I closed a hatch on each for variation.

Next up, figures and primer.

• Like 4

Hi Tim. Welcome to the GB. Great to have you here....at last!! :winkgrin:  Great to see you already have some paint on! Lovely job!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 1

So what does an iconic E8 in Korea carry - teeth!

Decals for 144th armour are rather sparse, but I am building a P-47D at the moment for a seperate project and it happens to have decals for 1944's The Bug which just happened to fit nicely to the front of the Sherman.

Perhaps somewhere in a US tank maintenance team here in Korea was the cousin of a WW2 P-47 mechanic 😁

spacer.png

Varnish has gone down since and starting on the mud tonight. Its a wet autumn in Korea so time to get grimey...

• Like 5

I've not really got much experience with armour, or heavy weathering, so I started with a dark filter using Oilbrushers to add an overall layer of grime and dirt which I think has worked very well

spacer.png

Work has also started on the base. I am using my 'trademark' canvas - in this case a 10x10cm canvas board. To add substance I have cut up a cork coaster and then blended the scenery using this Duluxe Materials paste which is some sort of premixed plaster which is very easy to apply.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim. Looks like they have come together very well! Lovely job!! Great idea with the base too. I'm looking forward to seeing them in the Gallery.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Thanks 1

Hi Tim. Great to see this finished and what a great result! That's a very well thought out, executed and presented scene. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Thank you for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1