Mach 2 models 1/72 wb57

Josh, the picture looks good, but you should be able to use the curved arrow button in the lower right of the Flickr screen, share and paste the link of the picture directly into your narrative. That should make the photo visible *here*

-d-

The link works, but it would be better to have the picture visible here. Particularly for such lovely model, really great plane and you made it justice. How did you find dealing with the Mach 2 model? They have a reputation of being difficult.

@Vesa Jussila this kit was a tough one but preparing the plastic pays off I took time to fill any sink marks and bubbles in the plastic because believe me there are plenty the cockpit and canopy were questionable details soft and might as well used a glass bottle for a canopy I simply replaced these with vac form and resin I added and replaced some details such as the antenna because they were thick and had seams down then it was easier to build my own and the camera bay on the bottom (which for some reason I have not photographed) was missing in the kit so I built one from Milli put abs used PE to create camera ports I also strengthened the landing gear with brass rod but the mating surface for the weeks to leg unfortunately were week and I couldn’t make a way round that meaning they slouched but apart from that I really enjoyed this kit and adding all the various improvements. Ps: make sure to add a wing spar hope that helps :) 

• Like 2

Welcome to the best modelling site I know of.  In the spirt of constructive criticism, a couple of points. First of all, looks great! You don’t see a lot these finished, I suspect a lot are hiding on shelves of doom. I am definitely not an English major, but that is one heck of a run on sentence! And, err, punctuation or I am tracking down your English teacher!😁 There is a guide to posting pictures in here as well. Please post more if you could, that is a seriously cool airplane. 

Nice model!
Mach2 - ufff. Always hard challenge ;)

Try better use Flickr functionalities by embedding a pictures not links (example below) and take photos of your models on sheet of plain colour cardboard.

52089502740_682c76d32b_b.jpg

• Like 6

If you could post the pics directly, and put up at least four, that's the preferred method for posting your work on the forum :)   You can edit your original post, by clicking on the little triple dots in the top right corner :yes:

@Konrad yeah about the photos I understand and unfortunately I did used to take photos on paper , using my dslr and other recourses available. Unfortunately since I’ve moved house times have been hard and my next post hopefully will be up to a higher standard. This kit fought me until the end but I believe it is worth it ! :)

@Robin-42 haha yeah I suppose a lot of these are sat around half built! And in relation to my grammar accuracy I’ve never been the best at English and I’m used to MS word doing it all for me! :) 

@David Hthanks for the heads up next time I post I’ll be make sure to fix that ! :) 

@Mike I’ll try and edit it! :) 

I apologise being new to Bm, I just hope everyone who views my work appreciates it like I do :) 

• Thanks 1

I had the devils own job getting pics up until I cracked it thanks to help received on here, so in the spirit of passing on the good deed.

Open your flickr account in a new tab. Select your photo. Press the curved arrow at bottom right. Select BBCode, and a size (eg Medium 640x427). Some code appears in the bar, tap that twice to bring up the text selection bar. Press Select All, then Copy.

Then come back to your post, and where you want the picture press Ctrl and V. Code will appear in the text box. When you submit, it becomes a photo.

Hope this helps, it drove me mad for days.

Matt.

8 hours ago, jdunsby7 said:

@David Hthanks for the heads up next time I post I’ll be make sure to fix that ! :) 

@Mike I’ll try and edit it! :) 

I apologise being new to Bm, I just hope everyone who views my work appreciates it like I do :) 

Don’t apologize! We are here for fun, although fun and Mach 2 might not belong in the same sentence!