I've got wild staring eyes and a strong urge to fly - Arma Hobby 1/72 Mustang P-51 B/C

4 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Congratulations Alistair,  the Mustang looks gorgeous,  great job and a lovely finish.

Chris

Thanks very much Chris,

Both for your kind words and your support and encouragement through this one.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Fantastic work, Alistair, and, may I say, inspiring! I definitely need to do one of these.....

Heading to the RFI now :)

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks so much Mark,

It truly is a cracking kit and you will enjoy it if you get one.

Thanks also for all the support through this. It's really appreciated.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Thanks so much Mark,

It truly is a cracking kit and you will enjoy it if you get one.

Thanks also for all the support through this. It's really appreciated.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks, Alistair, I'll give it a try! Must finish Matchbox 50 GB Buffalo and P-40N, and Turning Japanese Ki-84 (another superb Arma kit!).

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Thanks, Alistair, I'll give it a try! Must finish Matchbox 50 GB Buffalo and P-40N, and Turning Japanese Ki-84 (another superb Arma kit!).

Cheers,

Mark

I'm know you'll get there,

I've got the Arma Ki-84 as well and may have been caught fondling it on more than one occasion. :blush:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

've got the Arma Ki-84 as well and may have been caught fondling it on more than one occasion

A geisha in plastic form? No, don't go there! Sorry.....

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I would like to send out my heartfelt appreciation and thanks to all of you who took the time to follow, comment and react to this build.

It really helps to keep me motivated to carry on with things.

A special shout out to @GrzeM and @Wojtek Bulhak for bring this jewel of a kit to us.

Thank you and congratulations for the excellent work with our Mustang. Seeing our kit built and reading words of satisfied modeller is the greatest prize for us! Thank you for that!

PS. I also appreciate your choice of the markings - maybe it is not the most colourful Mustang I've seen, but its pilot! He was a Person! I really like models built for particular story or person behind them!

Edited by GrzeM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GrzeM said:

PS. I also appreciate your choice of the markings - maybe it is not the most colourful Mustang I've seen, but its pilot! He was a Person! I really like models built for particular story or person behind them!

Thanks so much,

To my shame, I wasn't aware of Leonard Cheshire until I saw Roger Waters performance of "The Wall" from Berlin in 1990.

Hence the thread title but after that I found out what an incredible humanitarian he was, to get the chance to model this aircraft was the fulfilment of a long standing wish.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mark.au said:

Very nice Pony Alistair, you’ve done it proud.

Thanks Mark,

Apart from the undercarriage leg doors which were on the wrong sides. :blush:, I'm happy with it.

I got a very nice PM from @Bedders to tell me very politely that I'd messed up.:D

Now sorted.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Just catching up… what an excellent job Alistair. I would say that this is conclusive proof of my contention that the P51 B/C with Malcolm hood is the best looking of all Mustangs, especially when done in this colour scheme (takes cover from the incoming deluge of dissenting opinions).  

Craig 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Just catching up… what an excellent job Alistair. I would say that this is conclusive proof of my contention that the P51 B/C with Malcolm hood is the best looking of all Mustangs, especially when done in this colour scheme (takes cover from the incoming deluge of dissenting opinions).  

Craig 

Thanks Craig,

That really is very kind of you.

I'd agree about the look as well.:door:

Cheers,

Alistair

2 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Lovely job there Alistair, well done mate.

Stay safe.

Simon.

Thanks so much Simon,

Both for your kind comments and support throughout this one.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Lovely work Alistair - those filters finished things off nicely! Great to see this one over the line,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work Alistair - those filters finished things off nicely! Great to see this one over the line,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks very much Roger,

Both for your encouragement and your very kind words.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1