A couple of Amodel Beechcraft 1900s

Fairly easy builds (for Amodel kits) they seem to represent the lines of the 1900C & 1900D OK & make interesting comparisons. Both are being built as commissions :)  

52084791137_f5c02bde78_k.jpgIMG_7157 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

52084791182_b9308a2ae6_k.jpgIMG_7145 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

52086067884_6bdbeea004_k.jpgIMG_7134 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

52084791237_590dc9e42f_k.jpgIMG_7169 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

52085826021_e4da7d327d_k.jpgIMG_7176 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2

A lovely couple of models! Just wondering how did the kits go together as I have an their Jetstream 31 in the stash at the moment?

Mark

9 hours ago, David H said:

those i know who flew the 1900 says it handles better.

I should hope that all those tacked on looking fins here, there & everywhere else had a positive effect, they sure did nothing for their looks :( , although the job @follasha has done on these enhances them more than they deserve I reckon. Nicely pair there harry. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks all, talking to the ex Air New Zealand pilot who flew the D model, he reckons it’s the best (most stable) IFR platform he’s ever flown. He also says the Air NZ aircraft never had autopilots, they always manually flew them. So all those bits (that made a stretched and heightened  kingair fuselage flyable) must work 😉

the kit is typically Amodel, it’s nice but bits frustratingly have injection gates in the wrong place (or too large gates for small pieces) and parts fit regularly needing adjustment…otherwise it was a good build, it has a small P.E. Fret for vents/ducts but nothing overwhelming. Nice engraved panel detail and fairly good transparencies 

• Like 1