Revell 1/72 Westland Whirlwind HAS.7

15 hours ago, Matt W said:

Looks fabulous. Can I ask what you use for the dayglo orange? It looks really bright & vivid.

Many thanks. I used Revell Aqua Gloss Orange as a base, then misted over Vallejo Model Air Florescent Red in thin coats 

spacer.pngGreat build, Personally not sure about the Grey colour though, might be an effect of your camera image but I'm sure that RAF Blue Grey (BS 633) is a bit more "Bluer" than that.

Selwyn

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Selwyn said:

Great build, Personally not sure about the Grey colour though, might be an effect of your camera image but I'm sure that RAF Blue Grey (BS 633) is a bit more "Bluer" than that.

Selwyn

Many thanks all,

Hataka RAF Blue Grey was used straight from the pot with no mixing. I did come across the above photo during my research and thought it looked a little too blue... I assumed it was a museum repaint with a non standard colour.

3 minutes ago, NavyWessex said:

... I assumed it was a museum repaint with a non standard colour.

I think you are probably correct. The font style they have used for the lettering is also awful. They should use your model as a reference for their real one. 

It's a shame these Italeri Whirlwinds are so hard to find. Using the slightly wrong one doesn't seem to have detracted too much and I will add to the positive comments. Very nice, as is the Wessex and Sea Vixen.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...