1/48 Tamiya Sherman British IC Firefly - Europe 1944

On 20/05/2022 at 09:42, Bertie Psmith said:

Coo! And here I was, thinking that you were just administering the GB when all the time you were building a masterwork! 

It's a great idea for a diorama. I class it as such, rather than a vignette, because there's a story happening here. We see the soldiers' reactions to the dead tank and imagine their internal narratives. Sure, there's not much intereaction between the figures but that is an important part of that story. You see something like that and it makes you think... "I thought these things were supposed to protect us. They can't even protect themselves."  "We'll be alright if we get the first shot in, I hope." And so on.

The figure painting is very good. You kept it restrained and thank goodness avoided the google-eyed look.

The tanks both of them, are excellent. I like that the serviceable one is lighter in tone to the dead 'un. It's a spring/winter effect, life and death.

Good groundwork, simple theme done in a realistically complicated way. It doesn't distract from the main events. And the cut telephone wires are excellent, lead wire was exactly the right material. 

So yeah, nice one Stix!

Hi Bertie. Thank you very much for your kind thoughts about my project. You are very kind. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix 

Great work as usual! The whole vignette goes together so well. Difficult to pick out what I like best but the weathering on the lower hull and the stowage looks really good - and all the stowage securely tied on instead of relying purely on gravity and inertia....

Hi Stix,

A great job as always, very nice, an interesting topic, very well developed, that tells us something that very well could have happened (like the thoughts suggested by @BertiePSmith)...
I love the gear placed around the tank and the way you held it.
Really nice piece of modeling in all its facets.:goodjob:
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL

On 20/05/2022 at 17:57, Alpha Juliet said:

Excellent modelling - well done mate!

Hi Alpha Juliet. Thank you, as always, for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

On 20/05/2022 at 18:38, Pete Robin said:

That's a fine piece of work all the way around. The figures bring it all to life and the tank is spot on. The weathering effects are excellent and the story is easy to read.

Top marks my friend.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete. Thank you very much for your comments. Most kind. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 21/05/2022 at 08:07, APA said:

That is a superb build Stix. Weathering is beautiful and the soft cargo is perfect. We'll done indeed 👌👏

Andrew 

Hi Andrew.  Thank you very much for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

On 21/05/2022 at 09:44, Nenad Ilijic said:

This is absolutely stunning work Stix. Your paintwork is just brilliant. :worthy:

Always excited when I see that you posted something new :)

Cheers,

Nenad

Hi Nenad. Thank you very much. You are way too kind. 

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 2

On 21/05/2022 at 10:53, Whitewolf said:

That's a really nice Firefly!!!

Thank you very much Whitewolf. :thumbsup:

On 21/05/2022 at 12:02, Mark Harmsworth said:

That is just excellent. And splendid.

I'm largely an aircraft guy venturing occasionally into armoured stuff. For some reason I've always liked the Sherman and yours is wonderful work. You've inspired me.

thanks for posting.

Mark

PS that first image is a real eye catcher

Hi Mark. You are too kind, thank you. Perhaps we'll see a Sherman from your goodself,  sometime in the future? I hope so.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2022 at 01:34, junobeach said:

Great job. All aspects of this build are outstanding. Again the paint work is incredible, something for me to strive to on my builds. 
cheers Dennis 

Hi Dennis. That is very kind of you to say. :thumbsup:

On 23/05/2022 at 12:06, Andy J said:

Awesome build stix absolutely stunning mate love it 🙂👍

Hi Andy. Thank you very much for your kind comments!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...