Alpha models 1/24 Resin kits

Andy J

So purely in the name of research has anyone on here built any of these kits and if so how would you rate them as far as quality of the parts and fitment etc 🤔 

• Haha 1

I’ve read about them on Ferrari chat which has a very good model area. Someone on there shows pictures of any new Ferrari model release. I haven’t seen one myself and roadcars don’t really interest me that much I’m afraid. They look very good though! You have to log on though to view any pictures on Ferrari chat, but there is a lot to look at. Chris 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

So purely in the name of research

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Yeh right. Research.... 🤣

Not built one, Paul Bretland has a couple of build videos up on his ISM youtube channel. They look very nice (as they should do at the price!!)

PM inbound

K

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies Gents much appreciated 👍. Having looked around on the Internet they do indeed seem to be very nice kits especially the resin shells....food for thought indeed 🤔. I can only find one UK distributor which is hiroboy unless anyone knows another company that deal with these kits in the UK 🙂👍.Thanks again for the help 👍 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Thanks for the replies Gents much appreciated 👍. Having looked around on the Internet they do indeed seem to be very nice kits especially the resin shells....food for thought indeed 🤔. I can only find one UK distributor which is hiroboy unless anyone knows another company that deal with these kits in the UK 🙂👍.Thanks again for the help 👍 

I've built the McLaren 720S and it's a doozy; also have the Aston DBS and 1/43 Singer in the stash. I'd rate them among the best car kits you can get (on a level with MFH, Studio 27 etc); I just wish they'd do a Vulcan or BT62!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

I've built the McLaren 720S and it's a doozy; also have the Aston DBS and 1/43 Singer in the stash. I'd rate them among the best car kits you can get (on a level with MFH, Studio 27 etc); I just wish they'd do a Vulcan or BT62!

Great news thanks for that just what I wanted to hear 🙂👍. Searching around on the net there seems to be a pretty good choice of kits though I'm only doing research atm 😉👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Yeah right, of course you are   🤣

Totally research based mate...honest...🤥

• Haha 3

I was initially a bit suspicious about the overlap between available die-casts and the Alpha Kits, but from what I've seen (and been very impressed by) I don't think they are "cast from" or even "based on". My (pure) guess is that the guy behind the kits is a designer/3D modeller involved in the creation of new die casts or resin pre-built models, but he's re-using the research and initial 3D modelling work as the foundation of more detailed scale kits, with a side order of models that haven't yet or won't have mainstream collector appeal... For me, though, the subject matter doesn't quite appeal enough for the price. What I'd pay in a pinch for a 1/24 Citroen XM or a Alfa Montreal is not what I'd pay for a late model Aston or Giulia Quadrifoglio, however nice the kit...

best,

M.

• Like 3

Fair point M and I think you're theory is probably very close to the truth tbh. Although the subjects are not to everyone's taste i still think having looked around a lot today that the quality is very good and that at some point, subject to further research of course, I may well add a couple to the stash for future consideration 🙂👍

• Like 1

Two days ago... 🤣

On 16/05/2022 at 17:29, Andy J said:

Thanks Marco but my kit buying fund is now empty....and I mean completely empty 🙄. However im not disappointed i have plenty of kits in the stash so onwards and upwards 🙂👍

Back on topic, if Hiroboy are the only place in town to get it then there could be a lot worse - I've only had good experiences from there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Fair point M and I think you're theory is probably very close to the truth tbh. Although the subjects are not to everyone's taste i still think having looked around a lot today that the quality is very good and that at some point, subject to further research of course, I may well add a couple to the stash for 

..... I may well add a couple to the stash for future consideration....🤣😂:penguin:

Am I surpriesed? 🤔...no not a bit 🤗🤭😇🤣

Marco f

• Haha 2

Well I think on this occasion my hand has been forced . Hiroboy seem to be the only UK distributor for Alpha models and the stock levels are extremely low so I may have to act soon or risk waiting for months for a re stock 🤔 

• Haha 2

Just now, Marco F. said:

Come on @Andy J I bed you already pushed the bottom 🤔🤗🤗

Marco F 

I certainly haven't pushed anyone's bottom Marco 🤣🤣👍

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I blame you entirely @Andy J that I now have a notification set from Hiroboy when the Giulia Quadrifoglio comes back in stock. And the green Zero paint…

best,

M.

Well as I'm a caring sort of chap I suppose I had better make a couple of transactions myself...can't let you go through this trauma alone now can I 🙂👍

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Well I think on this occasion my hand has been forced . Hiroboy seem to be the only UK distributor for Alpha models and the stock levels are extremely low so I may have to act soon or risk waiting for months for a re stock 🤔 

I've bought direct from Alpha in the past and had no issues.

• Like 1

It would seem that the concensus of opinion is that i should strike whilst the iron is hot so with that in mind I shall do a little shopping tomorrow 🙂👍

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Snooze and you lose...!! 🤣

I think what you mean is, if you let the inevitable consequences of a late night and possibly taking some, err... "lubrication" take their course, you will fail dismally to make the entirely rational decision that not only do you not need one of these things, but that you have nowhere to put it built or unbuilt, and it can only add to the towering pile of things that you will not build before you die that you already have.... 😜

...and on that cheery note...

Goodnight all....

best,

M.

• Haha 3