RF-104G Starfighter HAF in scale 1/48

Stunning Job as always Giannis (Εξαιρετική δουλειά φίλε Γιάννη!)

If you allow me, I would rather see the undersides more weathered, in accordance with the wear of the upper surface. However, this note does not diminish at all the accuracy and the overall appearance of the model.

(Θα προτιμούσα λιγάκι πιο λερωμένες τις κάτω επιφάνειες, έτσι ώστε η συνολική φθορά να είναι πιο ομοιoγενής. Εντούτοις αυτή η παρατήρη δε μειώνει σε τίποτε τη συνολική ακρίβεια και εμφάνιση του μοντέλου)

Edited by sandros
  • Thanks 1

Sandros, thank you for your kind comments about my model.

You are right for the bottom surfaces, but my choice was to keep the dirty effect in medium level. In real duty, the aircraft washed and cleaned approximately every 100 flight hours with chemical liquids but the weathered colours on the upper surfaces remained the same.
This was my option for this model according the photos from the real aircraft.

Thank you so much all for your kind comments!

Giannis Doxas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is amazing, and provides a real sense of the real aircraft.  It has to be the best model I have seen for a long time, with ealistic detail, weathering and finish.

Well done - I wish I could do half as well. 

Regards

Tim

• Thanks 1

As if the colours and weathering weren't fantastic enough, the interior detail totally kicks it up to a level of awesome. Looking great!

• Thanks 1

Stunning detail work and an awesome display of craftsmanship. I absolutely love it! It's the first time I've seen a Starfighter build with the radome open that way - makes for a very unique presentation.    👍

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, doxasg said:

In real duty, the aircraft washed and cleaned approximately every 100 flight hours with chemical liquids but the weathered colours on the upper surfaces remained the same.

I can bet this detail is known only to those that were working with those planes. Thank you once again Giannis for the magnificent build. 

Edited by sandros
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:24 AM, doxasg said:

lWtyeyK.jpg

I hope you enjoy my model. Happy modeling!

Giannis Doxas

Beautiful model indeed. You have done a great job! 

I have the CMK set for electronics bay and cockpit. It does not include details like the hydraulic lift arms, the canopy interior ventilation piping and those clasping clips (posed open) for the nose radome. Did you scratchbuild those details or they are from some other aftermarket? 

• Thanks 1

Yes, there are many Greeks model makers in my country that they have gone this hobby to high level. Pioneer and best Greek (aircraft maker) in the world in my opinion,  is my friend Tsonos Megas.
All of us are inspired by him from his incredible models and continue to keep our hobby and models to high level. 
It will be nice experience for all of you to visit and participate in our annual Hellenic (international) exhibition at the end of October, here in Athens.

Ones again thank you all for your kind words that honor me!

I am really happy that my RF-104G inspire all of you. 

Giannis Doxas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, stalal said:

Beautiful model indeed. You have done a great job! 

I have the CMK set for electronics bay and cockpit. It does not include details like the hydraulic lift arms, the canopy interior ventilation piping and those clasping clips (posed open) for the nose radome. Did you scratchbuild those details or they are from some other aftermarket? 

Yes, I scratchbuilded all other details.

• Like 2

Yasas, 

On 5/21/2022 at 2:09 AM, doxasg said:

Yes, there are many Greeks model makers in my country that they have gone this hobby to high level. Pioneer and best Greek (aircraft maker) in the world in my opinion,  is my friend Tsonos Megas.
All of us are inspired by him from his incredible models and continue to keep our hobby and models to high level. 
It will be nice experience for all of you to visit and participate in our annual Hellenic (international) exhibition at the end of October, here in Athens.

Ones again thank you all for your kind words that honor me!

I am really happy that my RF-104G inspire all of you. 

Giannis Doxas

Yasou Giannis, what is the best option for an accurate F-104G in 1/48?  Thank you.