Fujimi1/24 911 - my worst car build ever!!

28 minutes ago, Kitkent said:

I still think it’s really good Keith,definitely not a worst result.It just needs a Porsche decal on the bonnet to divert attention! 
Chris.

Many thanks Chris. The Porsche badge was going to be the final touch yesterday. Then it disintegrated in the water...!! 🤣

K

• Like 1

Hello Keith, 

As usual I started reading and was shocked...but when I came to pics I recovered directory.

You  went a road of horror to finish the model and you won. You are my hero. 

The 911 looks great and the dechroming suits it perfectly as the shiny paintjob is also doing. 

Congratulations 

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Marco I really appreciate your comments and am so glad you like the model - once again it wouldn't have happened without you so kindly sending me those wheels, so thanks again :)

Keith

42 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Thank you Marco I really appreciate your comments and am so glad you like the model - once again it wouldn't have happened without you so kindly sending me those wheels, so thanks again :)

Keith

...it was my pleasure 

Marco F 

• Like 1

I think you're being too hard on yourself, either that or you posted pictures of another model.  The finish looks pretty good.  Well done for sticking with it, but you have definitely made me nervous of tackling an early style Porsche 911.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

...it was my pleasure 

Marco F 

Hey Marco....where's my present 🎁 🤔 😆👍

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Hey Marco....where's my present 🎁 🤔 😆👍

Hey Andy I asked you about your wishes,  a long time ago,  but up to now :blink2: you didn't send it 🤔🤭🤗:penguin:

Marco F

• Haha 3

I've only ever built one Fujimi kit, the Miura illustrated in my avatar, and I have to confess I was distinctly unimpressed by the quality of the design and fit of the parts.  I wouldn't attempt another one on that showing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, johnlambert said:

The finish looks pretty good.  Well done for sticking with it

Thanks John, very much appreciated :)

3 hours ago, johnlambert said:

or you posted pictures of another model. 

Drat, never thought of that, perhaps I should have used this one!

DSCF1098

Mentioned this one before - it's another Fujimi 911S kit I built for a charity auction on a full size Porsche forum, the main lot being the full size car! I was chuffed mine made nearly £400 for Macmillan - the real one went for a bit more! Thing is, as far as I remember I had no problems at all with the build. One thing I would say to anyone thinking of building one is - don't cut the front hood off!!

Keith

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

DSCF1098

Mentioned this one before - it's another Fujimi 911S kit I built for a charity auction on a full size Porsche forum, the main lot being the full size car! I was chuffed mine made nearly £400 for Macmillan - the real one went for a bit more! Thing is, as far as I remember I had no problems at all with the build. One thing I would say to anyone thinking of building one is - don't cut the front hood off!!

Keith

That's a cracker mate very nice indeed 👍 👌 👏 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

DSCF1098

Keith

Yeah 🤩 looking fantastic 

And I'll keep in mind not to cut the front hood 

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

Thanks muchly for your kind comment Steve. No, not what I was aiming for but it's really heartening that so many seem to like it :)

4 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

It looks good on my fone, even when I tip it sideways

Perhaps I should have loaded the pics sideways then - might have improved it.... (or made it worse on your phone 🤣 )

K

• Haha 3

Crikey Keith,  sorry I am late, I have a note from my Mum!!!

I like it fella, the black chrome and steels fo give it a great look and you've done a cracking job polishing the body work, I think you've fine very well sticking with it and ended up with a lovely looking car.

Great work 

Chris

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey Keith,  sorry I am late, I have a note from my Mum!!!

:rofl2: brilliant! I'll let you off with a hundred lines - ''I will not be late again, never ever''  .... !! 🤣

Seriously though, many thanks for your kind comments Chris, very much appreciated :)

I really am still surprised that so many like it when by the end I was completely sick of the sight of the thing!

K

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

:rofl2: brilliant! I'll let you off with a hundred lines - ''I will not be late again, never ever''  .... !! 🤣

Seriously though, many thanks for your kind comments Chris, very much appreciated :)

I really am still surprised that so many like it when by the end I was completely sick of the sight of the thing!

K

I will try not to be late again honest!!!

It looks good it's got a reality to it too. I suppose your view may be tainted due to the issues you suffered with the kits , I think despite your fight with it you can be proud of what you turned out.  

Great work 

Chris

• Thanks 1

Whatever problems you had with this kit, it looks superb! Well done!

• Thanks 1