Am I insane? Vickers 253 Idea...

Tweener

Having made good progress on my Wellesley this last weekend, I started to think...

Could the fuselage of a Valom Wellesley be combined with the wings, prop, torpedo, and landing gear of a Special Hobby Wildebeest to create a Vickers 253?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tweener said:

Could the fuselage of a Valom Wellesley be combined with the wings, prop, torpedo, and landing gear of a Special Hobby Wildebeest to create a Vickers 253?

It might be a better kitbash on this basis than a complete scratchbuild, but you're looking at a longer fuselage and wingspan plus unequal span wings, so there would still be plenty of work to do on the combined bits to reach a reasonable representation of a 253. 

Would you be doing a monoplane Vildebeest with the bits left over as well ? :devil:

8 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

It might be a better kitbash on this basis than a complete scratchbuild, but you're looking at a longer fuselage and wingspan plus unequal span wings, so there would still be plenty of work to do on the combined bits to reach a reasonable representation of a 253. 

Would you be doing a monoplane Vildebeest with the bits left over as well ? :devil:

Given that the 253 wing is only three feet wider in span, I figure the width of the Wellesley fuselage itself will account for the difference. Split the wing down the middle, attach, and reshape the top of the fuselage to match is my thought process.

Now I gotta go find my Vildebeest...

Actually, I could combine wings from the Vildebeest and a Blackburn Shark to account for the swept sections at the point of attachment to the fuselage, doubly ensuring I can get a correct span and wing shape...

Who knows where I can get a good shrink?

Relax Tweener, your symptons are pretty mild. At the moment I am seriously contemplating kitbashing Tu-16 wings, engines and tail with Tu-134 fuselage to make half decent Tu-124 in 1/72 ...

And if I follow it through I bet a beautiful kit of Tu-124 will appear the day I finish the model. Cheers

Jure

• Like 1