New brand's DC-8-30

Vitaly

Hello! We are a small company from Ukraine producing tooling and injection molding of plastic models.

We cooperate with Dora Wings, BPK, ACE and some other little known brands. Until 02/24/2022, we also cooperated with Eastern Express. We cannot continue further cooperation with this company on moral and ethical principles. The remaining tooling of this company and some developments, we are forced to expropriate as reparations. Further release of products will be under a different brand.

10% of the profits will be transferred to aid funds for refugees affected by the aggression of the Russian Federation.

Unfortunately, we have not yet come up with a name for this new brand. If you wish, you can help us with this - offer your options, the author of the best one will receive a model from us as a gift.

About the model.

Let me introduce our first model - DC-8-30.

Photo of test castings and test assembly.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Vitaly changed the title to New brand's DC-8-30

Tryzub Models.

AFAIK the Tryzub is typical for Ukrainin helaldic and it symplizes a warbird nose diving for its prey (maybe I am mistaken here, but the story is nice). And you get a logo along the name 😉

Besides it should be easy to register I think.

Well that looks nice Vitaly! 
About that name , I came across this explanation for the coat of arms of Ukraine !

The tryzub of Ukraine may also be interpreted to incorporate the word воля (volya), which means "freedom". В (v) is the left "tooth", О (o) is the bottom, Л (l) is the top, and Я (ya) is the right "tooth"

To me Volya models or Volya Wings could do fine…

Good luck with this new enterprise…

cheers, Jan

Good look! Airliners modelling was really hit by that conflict.

About name, I think it should be unique, so Google search doesn't return funny results. Maybe name of oblast or city you are located could be used?

Anyway, if you are going to produce mostly airliners, then my idea is "UAliner" or "UR-liner".

PS. I would love to make IL-62m in Ukraine government markings, I hope someone will pick up idea!

2 hours ago, Vitaly said:

Hello! We are a small company from Ukraine producing tooling and injection molding of plastic models.

We cooperate with Dora Wings, BPK, ACE and some other little known brands. Until 02/24/2022, we also cooperated with Eastern Express. We cannot continue further cooperation with this company on moral and ethical principles. The remaining tooling of this company and some developments, we are forced to expropriate as reparations. Further release of products will be under a different brand.

10% of the profits will be transferred to aid funds for refugees affected by the aggression of the Russian Federation.

Unfortunately, we have not yet come up with a name for this new brand. If you wish, you can help us with this - offer your options, the author of the best one will receive a model from us as a gift.

About the model.

Let me introduce our first model - DC-8-30.

Photo of test castings and test assembly.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

SUM / slava ukraini models

what a great thing, and if the kit is not as pricey as EE kits and the availability is like BPK, that would be awesome. Really appreciate it.

stay strong!

Good luck with this (and future) projects !

As for a name, how about  "Victory Models", "Freedom Models" or simply "Ukraine Model Company" - provided, of course, that they're not already used by someone else.

Donald

Great! I hope to get a copy of this in Germany.

Brand Names:

Ukraine Express (Models)

Ukraine United (Models) - perhaps a home for different brands in the future?  - And of course a double meaning 🙂

Greetings and all the best from Berlin

Uwe

RCI beat me to the punch - but I do hope that your pricing policy is better than Eastern Express.

They seemed destined to sabotage their own market by charging as much as a resin kit!

• Like 1

This is 1/72 or 1/144? I have looked but cannot see, which does not necessarily mean it is not there. ;) If 1/144, I would be interested as I think it might save me converting my -63 series Minicraft kit to produce an Air new Zealand one, different engines of course, which can come fro  Bra.Z

Steve.

That is a handsome-looking replica of the DC-8, the amount of detail on the flight deck puts most 1/144 scale kits to shame.  I don't often build airliner models but I could be very tempted by this one if the price is sensible.

How about Rising Star Models with an emblem based on the star used by 31 Squadron RAF where each point is bisected with one segment in blue and the other gold?

Hi Vitaly,

Welcome to the forums. The DC-8 looks very promising. And very good for the community to support a Ukrainian company! A very noble thing to give 10% to the aid for the people of the Ukraine.

As for the company name my suggestion would be: Tryzub Model Company.

Cheers Evert

I was asked to post the following:

Hello, we are the Eastern Express, a small company from Russia, which for several years, with the participation of our Ukrainian colleagues, has been producing various lines of models in 1/144 scale.  As everyone knows, the political situation in the world and Europe is extremely tense and almost daily various countries participating in the conflict impose sanctions against state-owned companies and officials of the opposite side.

Unfortunately, this war destroyed not only relations between states, but also between people. For many years we have been developing a production base in Ukraine, including a company that DOES NOT HAVE A NAME, because it is not a company, but just an individual.

And now that individual has announced that he is imposing sanctions against us and considers our property his own. We are not sure that there are legal grounds for this. Rather, it is simply the theft of other people's property for the purpose of profit, and not patriotism. Patriotism usually manifests itself in some other way.

He stole it and proudly told the whole world about it in the hope of getting a medal? What a courageous act. By the way, we have fully paid for the production of this model, as well as subsequent new kits from Eastern Express, that are also heroically stolen by our former colleague.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1