1/24 Scratch built Renault FT

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

What product did you use ?

The end result looks good.

just a general hair laquer  for putting into pump bottles from eBay

Was not expensive about £7 or £8 if I remember correctly and  thinning it with alchohol was fine, but even used neat it leaves very little residue.

Edited by matti64
  • Thanks 1

FBBF8-D5-F-02-A4-4-BFE-9908-14-C49-E62-Clots of bits, the uprights for the sponsons, the drive and idler wheels and the masters for the track plates. If you’re wondering why I’ve only partially detailed the drive wheels, it’s because it’s tricky to do and only a small section will be visible, most of the wheel will be obscured by the tracks or the sponsons.

• Like 4

6-D322413-950-F-47-F3-AA03-D9-F24-A1359-

A little bit of assembly 

52-E61-EFB-BEE2-4-F90-AE33-0-DA147346284
The current state of play. I think  I’ll keep working in the sponsons and tracks then finish the hull.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

That’s coming along quick smart mate! 👍

Me being me, I’m finding this one very engaging, I think I’m enjoying figuring out the running gear and tracks.

I should of course be finishing my Matchbox and big and British GB builds oh and my Wolverine :) ( well I am sort of)

289-A2-C9-C-4-F82-4038-A5-A0-2-F007-E24-Need a bit of storage, I’ve decided I’ll build the FT with a 37mm cannon and the cast turret, still not down to a specific scheme. Even at this large scale 37mm is only just over 1.5mm on the model.

2-E42-DAC1-C0-A4-435-C-9-F8-E-AD2-DD04-C
Fitted along with some bulkhead detailing and the floor of the gunner/commanders area.

EF0-D1-ED3-6-B7-A-42-EF-8-C2-B-250182-FANext the drivers section floor with cutouts for pedals , sticks and the gearshift.

Thats actually the bulk of the interior sorted. Just a seat for the driver and the above items. I’ll probably add some rounds to the racks as soon as I can find out how long a French 37mm shell should be.  Can’t find dimensions but based on images on the web they look to be about 200mm which is 8mm at scale.

F4518-AF4-726-D-4572-9-D45-E4-CF7-B3-E43

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

What are they?

What are they called?

Plastic or glass or metal?

How do I get some? 👍

Definitely plastic, no they’re glass.

https://www.creotime.com/28387

Came in a pack of 3 sizes €4.50 for the pack.

E4-F8-F8-F0-D474-445-E-9079-7-FB20-C1-E4

39-B091-BD-4655-451-E-864-D-767-CD3-FBB5This’ll probably help with the rest of the questions.

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

Definitely plastic, no they’re glass.

https://www.creotime.com/28387

Typo?  

Look like glass.  Nail caviar stuff is also glass.  I wasn't sure when I first some nail caviar beads - advertised as acrylic nail beads. Turns out acrylic as in acrylic nails NOT acrylic beads.   I tested by heating a small bunch with a small butane torch - melted like glass and not like plastic.

cheers, Graham

• Thanks 2