BOAC Vickers Super VC.10 - Finished 11/07/22

nimrod54

1 hour ago, PeterB said:

Hi John,

Nice build.

No worries, probably Weybridge then and my memory is wrong - after all it would have been over 50 years ago! I certainly had interviews at Weybridge, Hatfield and Wharton, not to mention Leyland trucks where I got to sit in the cab of their prototype turbine powered lorry - whatever happened to that?

Pete

Thanks very much Pete, it is a nice kit but not without its challenges in some areas. The fit of parts is good and this is the first airliner build where I have felt confident enough to fit the wings after painting and decalling the fuselage - and no filler needed at the join.

I have just checked out a website called VC10derness and after searching for Flight Test Rig was directed to this page (see link). At the bottom of that page are three photos which may be an aide de memoire for you.

VC10derness Test Specimens

Regards

John

On 7/12/2022 at 12:30 AM, nimrod54 said:

Thanks very much Pete, it is a nice kit but not without its challenges in some areas. The fit of parts is good and this is the first airliner build where I have felt confident enough to fit the wings after painting and decalling the fuselage - and no filler needed at the join.

I have just checked out a website called VC10derness and after searching for Flight Test Rig was directed to this page (see link). At the bottom of that page are three photos which may be an aide de memoire for you.

VC10derness Test Specimens

Regards

John

Hi John,

As I recall this was a very simple "low tech" rig - no cockpit etc just a floor, seat and a stick that was being cycled continuously by either electric or hydraulic means. Nothing to get excited about but not a bad place to "dump" an interview candidate whilst waiting to clear the decks as it were.

Nice build of a good looking plane!

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1