Valom Vickers Valetta

Not bad for a limited run kit but those with better skills than mine will make a better fist of it.  Basically OOB but I invested in a set of masks for all those windows!  Biggest problems was the decals (which look good once on but they stick as soon as they touch & come apart very easily if you try to move them, the "Far East Transport Wing" legend on the starboard side is a mess).  And the engine mounts which, unless cut back will project them too far forward.  Also I followed the decal placement instructions (as you would) but it seems that the large decal on the forward cargo door SHOULD be on the aft door - highly annoying.  Anyway, there it is.  Photographed with the Dakota (Airfix) that the Valetta was intended to replace.  Armed with this experience, I've treated my elf to their Twin Pioneer for a future project.

97C53A9F-4645-4E7C-BCE8-A2161BD8AF28 11FC03B9-4FFB-412B-8460-67EC5E3A9F4A C648DCD7-6114-44EC-B237-0FD4A84C871C

B59A2D0D-970E-4671-968D-4FCF6D5650D2 A198AF50-EE38-49B2-979D-703DFF315580

• Like 39

Two truly beautiful models. I'm impressed with how well you applied the white paint on the Valetta.

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

Two truly beautiful models. I'm impressed with how well you applied the white paint on the Valetta.

Thanks!  The white is Xtracolour enamel.  Generally white is a PITA to spray.  I bought some of the Tamiya white lacquer to try on my HP Victor refurbishment a few months ago but wasn't impressed (I actually binned the unused bottles in case I was tempted to give them another go!) so I'm sticking with Xtracolour!

Hats off to you on this beautifully done model, which is a challenge to work on, and so glad it came out for you!   I really love the cheatline, and the titles are fine--just some erosion damage on the right side, which the paint shop needs to touch up after the monsoon stops.  Your fuselage roundel placement is entirely correct, because on photos of the real thing they are assymetric L/R.  The left roundel does not in fact touch either door.  The wing roundels are a bit small, but no worries.  What throws things off is that the ailerons are about 3/4" too short in span, and that affects the look of thing.