Mazda RX-7 FD

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235107780-mazda-rx-7-fd/

WIP-link above, contains all the (few) pictures from interior, engine assembly etc.

This was finished about two weeks ago and last week I managed to get proper pictures. For the final assembly there is not much to say actually, most of the time was just waiting a glue to dry before attaching next part and generally fiddling with few details here and there. Couple of aftermarket pieces added or original parts replaced, wipers for example.

Original idea was to build factory-original version but it was bit carried away during the build. Mainly due to this reason I decided to change the wheels and to also lower the car as much as the wheel wells let me. In general I personally don't like lowered cars but I think something like this is how they usually are in real life. I mean there's not much completely original RX-7's in real life anymore I guess.

y4mvVKHao1MzS7q1ZSrlm2U1ILNrIs8VSyFEbwJ0

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 17

A great result from a simple kit, looks far more impressive than the sum of its parts. 

That's a strange interpretation of Mazda Soul Red though, perhaps it's the camera but the shade is closer to orange on my screen? It is however a perfect paint finish so everything you did is not in question. 

On 16/05/2022 at 18:52, Anteater said:

That's a strange interpretation of Mazda Soul Red though, perhaps it's the camera but the shade is closer to orange on my screen?

You may be closer than you think. It's gravity colors' 2-part colour and I'm still not sure how it should have been applied. I didn't find much in way of instructions as how many layers, what thickness etc. And the final shade darkened slightly after clear coating. Studio setting also looks quite a bit different than in natural sunlight for example. It's also just as annoying to take photos, it seems to change colour depending of light, temperature of said light and angle. Great colour nevertheless but if goal is to get exact shade of Mazda's soul red I'd choose someone else's paint.

• 4 weeks later...