10 cm M. 14 Feldhaubitze KuK Army

First rate IvoC. Pleasant to see such an unusual subject covered, and presented so well. 

My paternal Opa ended up an artillery K.u.K. Zugsführer serving in the east during the 1914-1918 war. At mobilisation he was a Huszár Zugsführer. When very quickly in the age of the bolt action rifle, machine gun and accurate rapid firing direct and indirect fire support artillery it was realised any form of cavalry had been rendered obsolete in the fighting role, initially he and his Huszárok were repurposed to reconnaissance, and as the war progressed and stalemated into static warfare, he was posted to artillery as expert horsemen were invaluable drawing artillery and munitions limbers, all horse drawn in those days. I have his mention in despatches for bravery and leadership as his battery came under chaotic counter battery fire. Although it was an age before AI and computers, people fortunate enough to attend school were particularly well well schooled compared with contemporary standards, and well trained within their field of expertise in the military such that within 30~60 seconds of a battery firing, one could expect the location pinpointed and return counter battery fire coming in. Life in the artillery certainly wasn't the quiet life. It was also perpetual arduous work on poor rations in dreadful conditions. Although he survived to the Austro-Hungarian armistice of 4 November, he died from the strain to his heart and impact of those 4 years away at war on his health just 11 years after its end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good day everyone. Thank you for the positive evaluation. The image of the cannon is from the winter of 1915/1916 in the Dolomites-Austria / Italy front. There are many photos of this type of cannon. These cannons were produced in more than 6,500 pieces. Regards Ivo.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Melchy. The topic is not very old. Unfortunately, I don't know why this is happening and the photos cannot be displayed. I don't see them either... Ivo

For Maginot. Hello, I do not understand this situation. At the time the topic was posted here on the forum, the photos were normally visible. After some time, they were replaced by broken links. I don't know why, what happened? This is apparently a question for the administrator. Personally, I am very sorry for what is left of my presentation. Ivo Czech Republic.

If you posted links to your OneDrive or similar cloud account that won't work.  Or it will, but only once.  You need to be uploading your images to a hosting site like Imgur or Hobby Photo Host.