Airbrushing - How hard can it be?

Hi. :D 
The team of nuclear physicist are still on the job continuing tinkering with Tsar Bomba according to the specifications received from Stavka. 
Two bands of Duraluminium has been added to the bomb case
52744537785_e7a41b3d4e_k.jpg059 by Bosse Persson, on Flickr

To be continued.....
/Bosse

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If I could offer some constructive “criticism”?

The images appear to show some pooling of the paint in some areas, this indicates that you may be applying the coats too heavily, it’s easily done whilst getting the feel of airbrushing and can be avoided by applying, light, thin coats, don’t try covering the whole thing in one go, just apply soft coats and allow to dry, filling in the gaps as you go along.

Please don’t take this as a negative, it’s intended as a helpful tip learned from experience.

Love the subject by the way and looking forward to seeing it progress.

13 hours ago, Swiftnbold said:

If I could offer some constructive “criticism”?

The images appear to show some pooling of the paint in some areas, this indicates that you may be applying the coats too heavily, it’s easily done whilst getting the feel of airbrushing and can be avoided by applying, light, thin coats, don’t try covering the whole thing in one go, just apply soft coats and allow to dry, filling in the gaps as you go along.

Please don’t take this as a negative, it’s intended as a helpful tip learned from experience.

Love the subject by the way and looking forward to seeing it progress.

Thanks for your advice @Swiftnbold, and I'm not going to take it as a negative, quite the opposite. 

I know that I pooled the paint, and I've learned from it since applying the paint. 

On my Sk50 in my ongoing Multiple Mega build I used 7-9 light covers of yellow to get an even coverage. 

/Bosse

• Thanks 1