I-16 Type 24 - ICM, 1/72

This ICM’s I-16 kit is one of the most popular among modellers. I decided that I should also have a model of this famous fighter. I did it for several years with long breaks and distractions for other projects, so it's hard to remember all the features. The idea was to imitate shabby winter camouflage. The plane of Lieutenant Gudyakov with the number "34" was taken as the basis. However, in the photo of the prototype, rockets under the wing are clearly visible, which is not done on my model, and the abrasions are much larger.

The assembly did not go well. There were the following improvements - windows in the niches of the landing gear and in the fuselage above the instrument panel (which is not visible at all), the Venturi tube, seat belts, landing gear cables, airspeed tube from injection needles.

Enjoy.

1.jpg 

10.jpg2-resize.jpg 3-resize.jpg 4-resize.jpg 5-resize.jpg 6-resize.jpg 7-resize.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Edited by Veron
  • Like 26

23 minutes ago, Doom3r said:

Nice little i-16. How were the decals? I am bit hesitant to build mine since decals that came with it are more pink than red.

Thanks.

The decals were terrible. It's better to use others.
"34" are taken from 'Begemot' decals. 

Edited by Veron
  • Thanks 1