F-100D built 1977 Hasegawa 1:72

Hello Britmodellers,

ย 

here one of my surviving older Models. Hasegawa built 1977 with Modeldecal decals (from 1972 ๐Ÿ™‚!) and a supered seat.

Clear parts and silvering decals are clearly ageing now. Stencils are handpainted with Rapidograph, who knows them now?

I was a Teenie then, so forgive me! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Cheers,

Tom

f-100 DSC_94s02 f-100 DSC_94dse02 f-100 DSC_94sdd02 f-100 DSC_94se02 f-100 DSC_9402

ย 

• Like 47

Tom,I like these kind of 'blast from the past' posts on the forum... reminds me of my ill spent youth!

The model still looks pretty good in your pics i must say. It looks a nicely finished model, then and now. Thanks for showing it!

Regards, Andy

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks brilliant, one of my favourite schemes for these. :)

Steve.

Thank you Steve!ย  Mine too. I want to make a new SEA F-4E soon...

ย 

54 minutes ago, Toryu said:

I wish I had been such a proficient modeller in 1977.

I do not know your identity, but i know your Vindi is great. Sagenhaft! Dont worry, you caught up!! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

This looks very nicely finished. ย And to have survived!

ย 

ย This was one of the first Hasegawa kits I built, around the same time as you. ย A whole revelation about kits way beyond the Airfix, occasional Revell UK and Matchbox ones Iโ€™d built to date!

ย 

It took me several years of returned-adult-modelling to convince me the results were as good as when I was a teen. ย I think whilst my skills have improved, my eye-sight has deteriorated so the outcome is much the same! ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Cheers

Will

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Pantherhawk27263 said:

That's a gorgeous build, Tom. I'm currently working on one of these kits, although I know mine won't look as nice as yours.ย 

Thank you!

Compared to the newer ones the kit looks good to me even today. It lacks details...

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

hard to believe that models survived from that time. A real masterpiece then and even today. Your skills were lightyears ahead of the times in 77.ย 

ย 

Andyย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks fantastic!! Great work!

I have this kit in my stash in a 1970s or early 1980s boxing... bought in 1990 :whistle:! Just hope it comes out as nicely as yours... if I ever get round to it!

ย 

Miguel

• Thanks 1

That's really impressive, both for the standard you achieved at that time, and that it survived in such good condition for so long!

• Thanks 1

On 21/05/2022 at 04:51, Wulfman said:

A great looking Hun !

ย 

Wulfman

ย 

On 21/05/2022 at 04:57, Robin-42 said:

Great build, I have a survivor of that same kit, I like how even then you faired in the windscreen.ย 

ย 

On 21/05/2022 at 06:30, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Tom,

hard to believe that models survived from that time. A real masterpiece then and even today. Your skills were lightyears ahead of the times in 77.ย 

ย 

Andyย 

ย 

On 21/05/2022 at 11:58, Mig88 said:

That looks fantastic!! Great work!

I have this kit in my stash in a 1970s or early 1980s boxing... bought in 1990 :whistle:! Just hope it comes out as nicely as yours... if I ever get round to it!

ย 

Miguel

ย 

On 22/05/2022 at 08:49, Alan P said:

That's really impressive, both for the standard you achieved at that time, and that it survived in such good condition for so long!

ย 

18 hours ago, Ventsislav Gramatski said:

What an exceptional model! Nearly 50 years old, I'd say it's a museum piece all in itself!

ย 

And it surely looks better than anything I can build now.ย ๐Ÿคช

Thank you mates,

that you like the little Hun. She has a good place again behind glass without sun...

๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,

Tom