"Over the top"

I don't usually do figures nor diorama's as I suck at them.

Quite proud of this one though.

Masterbox "Over the top" in 1/35th. I added the side walls from corrugated plastic card as it looked quite sad the way the kit has the trench walls hanging in the breeze.

Its loosely based on the dioramas at the Australian War Memorial.

I got the poppy from the ANZAC day dawn service at the AWM in 2015, 100 years after the Gallipoli landings. It seemed like the right thing to put in the pic.

lvEiqs4.jpg

IwKHK22.jpg

vvPugrN.jpg

huC9eGb.jpg

UmPkmrU.jpg

• Like 22

I don't see too much sucking with those figures... yes, the officer with the field cap hasn't had the seam removed on his right leg, but I needed years of fruitless figure painting to get the faces look anything like that! Like the side walls very much, as well.

A moment that keeps bringing my thoughts to Blackadder's "Goodbyeee" and the fear that lad going up first must have felt if he'd been on the front for even a few weeks (days?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic diorama.

I’ve looked at this kit several times and have been impressed - it’s great to see someone’s finished work. You’ve done it justice.

The corrugated plastic added is a good finish too.

But… you know this set is part of a pair. The sister set is ‘Hand-to-hand fight.’ When can we expect to see that diorama alongside this one!!!???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...