Knocked out KV1

Tamiya Kv1 1/35 KV1, scratch built base and building.

Ive got like one figure to finish but had covid right at the end and havent got it in me to finish so gonna call it quits......for now. 

nrjSUDW.jpeg

7TlR4e1.jpeg

A2CgaQX.jpeg

Edited by Red Five
Adding more info
  • Like 57
  • Thanks 1

Lovely diorama, but I’ve merged the two threads down because we don’t permit duplicate threads on the forum :)

if you’d prefer it in the dio RFI drop me a PM and I’ll move it.

• Thanks 1

That tank took a lot of killing! That's a really good diorama. I like the building and the way it adds the necessary vertical element. The hanging telegraph pole, which is making me very nervous, is a nice touch. Good ground, good tank, good figures. The painting of the various elements is consistent. This one really is good to the last bite.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic as always…. Feel a bit of mr uncle night shift influence possibly with the decorative brick? All of it looks just amazing. Especially like the slogan banner above the doorway, looks like it was once a ‘party’ owned building. 
   Their a group build proposal for next year called ‘entrophy’ it’s concerned with all things rusted, wrecked and abandoned by the looks of your kv and the charring to the bricks etc something like this would be a really good entry. Anyways if your interested the thread (which is entertaining in itself) is here below: Personally I’d really like to see what you’d do if you did enter.

(sarge Bertie in comment above me is running the show) Luck with the covid recovery. 

Edited by Muchmirth
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Red Five,

An impressive vignette, not overly large but very effective, excellent work as always, a pleasure to watch.
By the way, what paint do you use for the Soviet vehicles of that period (brand and reference)? Right now I have published a KV-85 from the same conflict, and I can't find the tone that best suits...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Red Five,

An impressive vignette, not overly large but very effective, excellent work as always, a pleasure to watch.
By the way, what paint do you use for the Soviet vehicles of that period (brand and reference)? Right now I have published a KV-85 from the same conflict, and I can't find the tone that best suits...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

I used mig ammo protective green and 4BO and made a custom mix and lightened it with cockpit green and a little bit of yellow. Then used mig shaders to get darker tones. It was a tough one as i didnt want the dark green of a later T34 i wanted that light minty green

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

Fantastic as always…. Feel a bit of mr uncle night shift influence possibly with the decorative brick? All of it looks just amazing. Especially like the slogan banner above the doorway, looks like it was once a ‘party’ owned building. 
   Their a group build proposal for next year called ‘entrophy’ it’s concerned with all things rusted, wrecked and abandoned by the looks of your kv and the charring to the bricks etc something like this would be a really good entry. Anyways if your interested the thread (which is entertaining in itself) is here below: Personally I’d really like to see what you’d do if you did enter.

(sarge Bertie in comment above me is running the show) Luck with the covid recovery. 

Nightshift? Never heard of him 😉😂😂. Ill take a look at the group build for sure thanks. 

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning piece of work.....composition, execution, build and finish.

For what is quite a small scene it is packed with detail and visual interest yet not overloaded. I think the 3 figures looks just right!

Superb 👏

• Thanks 1

Great job, so much to look at in this compact scene. The lettering on the tank also looks really nice (I'm assuming you've painted this on by hand!) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GRK said:

Great job, so much to look at in this compact scene. The lettering on the tank also looks really nice (I'm assuming you've painted this on by hand!) 

Yeah, and the wall and banner. Although i did get the russian on the wall totally wrong and had to re do it.