Eduard 1/72 Fw-190A8/R-2

Hello,

Here is an FW-190 that I built at the same time as my Me-109. I figured while I have the paints out, I'd knock over 2 birds with the 1 airbrush.

This one is an Eduard Fw-190A8/R-2 Profipack painted up as an aircraft from 5/JG300 in Dec 1944. The red stripe sold it for me. The kit is typical Eduard with all the extras, a little fiddly throughout but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Painted RLM 74, 75 & 76 with Vallejo Model Air paints.

I thought I better get these photos on quick as I snapped off the small straight aerial off the lower fuselage about 3 times, before I lost it completely and had to replace it with stretched runner. 

On with the pics. Hope you enjoy.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 36

1 hour ago, Jay Gee said:

I thought I better get these photos on quick

Always a good policy, my last plastic kit took 40 days to build and was destroyed by a fall onto concrete 3 days after I finished it!

Your FW deserves to live on a lot longer than that; it's very smart.

• Thanks 1

Wonderful model! Just building exact this one in 1/48. Hope it will turn out half as good as yours!

But I think I will make the alternative spinnercone in red as eduard show up this alternative. Don’t know if it is right? 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Wonderful model! Just building exact this one in 1/48. Hope it will turn out half as good as yours!

But I think I will make the alternative spinnercone in red as eduard show up this alternative. Don’t know if it is right? 

Andy 

Thanks mate. I did see that about the red spinner which may be the correct colour. But by the time I saw it, it was too late to change. Not sure what the 1/48 is like but I also found it easier to divide and concquer the spinner spiral decal. Cut it into three sections, then apply, much easier. 

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Always a good policy, my last plastic kit took 40 days to build and was destroyed by a fall onto concrete 3 days after I finished it!

Thanks Bertie, that is my worst fear as my house is full of floor tiles. Although I still manage to lose stuff to the carpet monster 🤔

Edited by Jay Gee
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/05/2022 at 11:09, Bertie Psmith said:

Condolences Bertie.  I feel your loss.....

• Haha 1