IMG-1985.jpg

IMG-1982.jpg

IMG-1969.jpg

IMG-1970.jpg

IMG-1971.jpg

IMG-1973.jpg

IMG-1974.jpg

IMG-1975.jpg

This one gave me bit of a kickin'. The main decals cracked and I was unsure if I would actually get it finished so I'm happy enough to get a reasonable finish in the end. 

Special mention to @Mumbly for his assistance decal wise. 👍

Used the ST27 PE kit and a few Top Studio bits and bobs. 

The pioneering spirit of Honda was certainly on show to herald the new age of the MotoGP class for 02. A five cylinder V engine was what they rolled out. 

Rossi wasn't keen initially and wanted to use the 500 again... until he tested it. He absolutely smashed the championship in 02 and 03. 

• Like 21

13 hours ago, slippers said:

IMG-1976.jpg

IMG-1977.jpg

IMG-1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG-1984.jpg

IMG-1985.jpg

IMG-1982.jpg

IMG-1969.jpg

IMG-1970.jpg

IMG-1971.jpg

IMG-1973.jpg

IMG-1974.jpg

IMG-1975.jpg

This one gave me bit of a kickin'. The main decals cracked and I was unsure if I would actually get it finished so I'm happy enough to get a reasonable finish in the end. 

Special mention to @Mumbly for his assistance decal wise. 👍

Used the ST27 PE kit and a few Top Studio bits and bobs. 

The pioneering spirit of Honda was certainly on show to herald the new age of the MotoGP class for 02. A five cylinder V engine was what they rolled out. 

Rossi wasn't keen initially and wanted to use the 500 again... until he tested it. He absolutely smashed the championship in 02 and 03. 

Happy to help, glad the scans were OK.  Great finish, must get round to mine soon.

16 hours ago, gamblor916 said:

That's a great finish. I agree this bike was spectacular when unveiled.

9 hours ago, desert falcon said:

That‘s a fantastic looking Honda, congrats on the final result 👍 

8 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Great model, great workmanship. Bravo!

Trevor

6 hours ago, Spiny said:

It certainly doesn't look as though it gave you a kicking. Good job.

6 hours ago, Mumbly said:

Happy to help, glad the scans were OK.  Great finish, must get round to mine soon.

Thanks very much, chaps. 👍

I had to step away from it quite a few times and actually started and finished one (RGV), then started another whilst sporadically going back to this. The, seemingly, endless setbacks took their toll on me! 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 13:25, Stef N. said:

Definitely worth the struggle and perseverance. A gorgeous looking bike. Well done Slippers.👏

Cheers, mate. 👍

Just thought I'd highlight one of the main issues I had with this kit, for anyone that's got it stashed. 

Screenshot-20220519-134633-Gallery.jpg

These wraparound parts on the side fairing. I know that I'm preaching to the converted, and that you're better skilled than me, but please avoid any pressure on these parts. I snapped one when sanding and the other when removing masking tape. I then proceeded to snap the repairs around five times - requiring repainting each time. The fit is so snug that no strengthening can be used on the inside. And, as you can clearly see, any deviation from the original angle results in a bloody gap. 

Fortunately, this style was only in play for the 02 bike, so every other RC211V kit has the updated fairing. (Thank Christ, as I've got a few stashed) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

:wub:

:heart:

:worthy:

Simply the Best and STUNNING  looking motorcycle  model I have seen.

The EXQUISITENESS of your detailing is high class. 

:mike:

13 hours ago, Ian T said:

Excellent build @slippers, great work, great finish, great bike and a great rider!!

Thanks very much for your generous comments. 👍