Hello

MartinL

Hello all, newbie on here.

Just returned to modelling after a 30 year break. 

Main field of interest is IDF armour, the last kit I built before pegging them all off with my trusty Webley Tempest was a Tamiya Merkava ( the rumours are not true btw, it wasn't very "survivable")

Built loads of ww2 Tamiya back in the day but  reading up and watching YT videos, things have come a long way since then. 

Having fun learning some new techniques and methods.

Currently struggling through an Amusing hobby Shot Kal Valley of Tears, not happy at all with the historical accuracy of the kit but that's another topic.

I'm 52, live in West Yorks and I'm a structural steel draughtsman.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard MartinL.

I've not been a member for very long but this is a great forum full of very nice people who are more than happy to share hints and tips. 

I focus on WW2 fighter aircraft but look forward to seeing some of your builds. 

All the best 

Peter 

1 hour ago, MartinL said:

Thanks Peter 

I built a few aircraft in the past, no more than 5 or 6, all ww2 fighters.

Actually considering a large scale Fw190D if there is one?

Hiya Martin,

Hasegawa do a 1/32 D-9 if you can get your hands on it. I built it a few years back and it was a really decent kit, although the upgrades I had required some surgery 

Hello Martin … :post1: from across the pond in Chicago USA, Im mostly aircraft but tend towards the smaller scales. Trumpeter did a 1/24 Fw190D, Hasegawa did/does one in 1/32, and Hobby-boss along with 21st century made the Fw190 in 1/18 scale. 

Dennis

Hello Ned,

I live in Castleford but work in Leeds 🙂

Do you know of any decent model shops in Leeds? I want to the one in Cross Gates but was disappointed with their range of paints and tools.