My 10th Tamiya Subaru Impreza RC 1998.

Build box stock. Painting various parts in yellow to highlight those area's. Unusually various decals came apart ,like the rear number plate, partly rescued and the front sun strip using an old Airfix strip from the decals box and Pirelli P7 tyre decals. I also made, as they aren't supplied, three clear sprue heat stretched aerials.

photo1-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

Here are my others including a Heller 1/43rd kit.

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks guys. Prodrive built the range of Subaru rally cars at a plant 20 miles from here.

Well you can never have too many Impreza Rally cars. That black blobeye one in the middle looks quite interesting too. As does the Police special on the left.

I have this same kit, although it's missing it's rear wing. Not decided what to do about that yet.

Thanks galaxyG, This is the black one, just matt black spray can paint..

photo-vi.jpg

I've found another one today but lifesize. I have a note: I must buy a Smart Car and have it converted!

photo1-vi.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks kapam. Yes I  would also like to  see Subaru return but the latest cars are only front wheel drive but need to be four by four due to the latest regulations.

59 minutes ago, PatW said:

see Subaru return but the latest cars are only front wheel drive

Eh? Subaru still make Imprezas and WRXs in AWD (they're 2 separate model lines now). In fact, that's their selling point. The BRZ is RWD, and the base Impreza is available as FWD-only in Japan, but AWD is STILL a Subaru thing. To my mind, the only possible reason that they're not doing WRC is that they don't really have a suitable body option for it - the WRX/STI is now late in its design cycle and is, frankly, a large (and ugly) blob (still fun though). The BRZ is RWD and is really not the right sort of message for WRC - dedicated sports car instead of everyday/family car sort of thing. The rest of the range are all larger vehicles. 

Or, possibly, maybe Subaru just decided that they'd already proved their point and didn't need to belabour it... 

On another note - nice collection of rally Soobs!

Thanks for the info Rob G. I built a Toyota version the 'Rocket Bunny' a few years ago and yes RWD. As you say they have and did make their point with WRC and don't really need to spend big money doing it again. Perhaps a secret but Subaru have never mentioned the possibility of going Electric, so maybe spending their profits on just that!