Air Canada Boeing 777-300 Revell 1/144

This didn't go together particularly well, but happy with the result. Made wheels up for a desk piece, using a Corgi stand. I flew to Toronto on this aircraft in 2014 in this livery, so always fancied recreating it. My first widebody! Next up is a Ukrainian Embraer 190.

Colour: Plastikote 'Satin Baby Blue' spray paint 

Decals: Authentic Airliners windows, livery from a private seller on eBay 

Chris 

PSX_20220513_171256

PSX_20220513_171003

PXL_20220513_160536656.MP

PXL_20220513_160744219

PXL_20220513_160709874

Edited by lomasca
Additional information
  • Like 31

Thanks for sharing a fine model.

I would also like to know the actual colour of Plasticote you used. What problems did you have with the build? I have the Zvezda boxing in my “waiting to start” pile and I’d be interested to know what I need to look out for.

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words all! It's Plasticote 'Satin Baby Blue'. Will need a coat of glodd varnish on top for sure, but seems pretty close to the real thing. 

Main issue with the kit was the fit around the wing base/underside. Fuselage also needs some filler, I think I've just got used to Zvezda kits going together so well.

• Thanks 1

Very nice build in an attractive livery.

The Revell 777 is the Zvezda moulds.

Maybe Revell didnt take good care of the moulds,as its quite common with their airliner kits.

New releases are mostly fine,later ones soon suffer from flash,thin plasitc or warped parts.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lomasca said:

Thanks for the kind words all! It's Plasticote 'Satin Baby Blue'. Will need a coat of glodd varnish on top for sure, but seems pretty close to the real thing. 

Main issue with the kit was the fit around the wing base/underside. Fuselage also needs some filler, I think I've just got used to Zvezda kits going together so well.

Thanks, I do know this colour faded quite a bit and in pictures it does vary. I'm pretty sure this is a usable blue for when it was new. I never saw any airliners up close except for Westjet in the last few years. I joked with a WJ pilot once that AC was painting their planes camoflauge.