NATO 75 Years GB Chat

Canadia huh?  Hmm, I might have something.  I think I have the bits to do a CF-104 (as long as parts haven't been robbed for a F-104J)...will have to dig to see if I have any other options.  :hmmm:

And yes, I know the flag doesn't commit me to the country.  But it does make it fun.  ;)

• Haha 1

What does that make me, Hungary? Well at this time of evening I'm hungry but now I need to see when Hungary joined NATO and what their armed forces play with since then :hmmm:Or perhaps I'll build something from the stash instead of using this as an excuse to buy another kit :lol:

Iceland hmmm they don't have nor have ever had a standing military so how do I build anything from Iceland ? Maybe I could build something based there by the U.S. or U.K. ? I looked up the Icelandic coast guard between the 5 aircraft and boats I don't think they're any models of. I will persevere though and see what I can come up with.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Iceland hmmm they don't have nor have ever had a standing military so how do I build anything from Iceland ? Maybe I could build something based there by the U.S. or U.K. ? I looked up the Icelandic coast guard between the 5 aircraft and boats I don't think they're any models of. I will persevere though and see what I can come up with.

Do a Red Storm Rising figure diorama of Vigdis Agustdottir.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its actually my favorite Clancy novel, I once read it in 26 hours straight through. 

Of course it is, it's by far the best one. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Dennis, 57th FIS. No brainer.  😀

Chris

Edited by Chrisj2003
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Dennis, 57th FIS. No brainer.  😀

Chris

True though not the biggest fan of the markings, I have found this. 

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:192d_Fighter-Bomber_Squadron,_North_American_F-51D-25-NA_Mustang,_sn._44-72843,_44-74482,_44-74880,_44-73788.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

If not then I can look for an F-89 or a Deuce. If I wind up doing the 57th then Id rather go with an older aircraft. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

They play with Gripens :thumbsup:

A cool subject V-P but all the kits I've seen come across as a bit of a chore to build :(

• Sad 1

I should be good to go for the CF-104.  Forgotten I had picked up a couple F-104Js hella cheap, so I don't need to rob parts from the Eduard NATO boxing to build the alternate scheme J (mainly gear & non-bulged doors).  :thumbsup:

It appears this is my only option at this point, which is fine.  Still a lot of time between now the this GB though (if it gets in) for other stuff to "find" its way in.  Going to do my best to not go looking though.  :rofl2: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not my normal playground but this is one party any self respecting modeller should not miss, NATO group build, lordy! the list is endless. I may even go for a military figure but I think I will give wingy things a miss this time around just to add a little variety.

Count me in please.

Now for the fun bit......tell me, tell me, which flag do I get?😉🤣🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Not my normal playground but this is one party any self respecting modeller should not miss, NATO group build, lordy! the list is endless. I may even go for a military figure but I think I will give wingy things a miss this time around just to add a little variety.

Count me in please.

Now for the fun bit......tell me, tell me, which flag do I get?😉🤣🤪

Welcome to the list! The lucky flag is 🇵🇱

• Like 1

Great idea!

I coukd do a Slovakian Sliac Fulcrum.. not that they will be around in 2 years time it seems, but still!

Alternatively a Croatian MiG-21 or even Rafale ;)

• Like 1

They even made a :beer: for this GB 😁 

JpLUJs2.jpg

Congratulations @vppelt68 on Finland joining the treaty! No politics I know, but allow me to say that on behalf of my mother country 🇩🇰, we are happy to have our nordic brothers and sisters in the alliance 🇫🇮 🇸🇪 

Though I really hope to join this GB, I don’t want to take up a flag as my record of both starting and completing GB‘s is pretty poor. If needed (unlikely), consider me as a reserve force if you like :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

They even made a :beer: for this GB 😁 

JpLUJs2.jpg

Congratulations @vppelt68 on Finland joining the treaty! No politics I know, but allow me to say that on behalf of my mother country 🇩🇰, we are happy to have our nordic brothers and sisters in the alliance 🇫🇮 🇸🇪 

Though I really hope to join this GB, I don’t want to take up a flag as my record of both starting and completing GB‘s is pretty poor. If needed (unlikely), consider me as a reserve force if you like :) 

That's hilarious and shows both pretty good sense of humour and mastery of language! You see in 🇫🇮 "otan" means "I'm taking" or "I'm having" and "olutta" is a partitive of "olut" which means beer. So the name of that beer means "I'm having beer" - not just "a beer" but beer with undetermined quantity :giggle: :cheers:

V-P

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

That's hilarious and shows both pretty good sense of humour and mastery of language! You see in 🇫🇮 "otan" means "I'm taking" or "I'm having" and "olutta" is a partitive of "olut" which means beer. So the name of that beer means "I'm having beer" - not just "a beer" but beer with undetermined quantity :giggle: :cheers:

V-P

Thanks for enlighten us V-P, I thought that maybe out of excitement you had just gone all 🇫🇷 up there in the north 😉 

• Haha 1