NATO 75 Years GB Chat

Count me in for this! Going to enter with either a Bentwaters F-84F Thunderstreak, a Woodbridge HH-53 Super Jolly Green Giant or there is always this;

20221122_185126

(In)famously based at both Greenham Common and Molesworth.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Glad this one got a confirmed date. My original plan was an Airfix 1/48 Hunter in Dutch markings. 

Looking at the sign up list, I drew the Romanian flag. Being that my sister-in-law’s brother’s wife is Romanian, this got me thinking, so I went of to do some research and shopping.

Romania became a member on the 29th March 2004. Having a look on Scalemates I came across this with schemes from 2007 and 2009. Who doesn’t like a MiG-21.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/wolfpack-wp14806-mig-21mf-75-lancer-c--1156516

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, wellzy said:

I see l have  the stars  and bars   next to my name  , can l  do aircraft  of the ANG ?

I don't see why not. No reason to differentiate between weekend warriors and regulars.

25 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

Glad this one got a confirmed date. My original plan was an Airfix 1/48 Hunter in Dutch markings. 

Looking at the sign up list, I drew the Romanian flag. Being that my sister-in-law’s brother’s wife is Romanian, this got me thinking, so I went of to do some research and shopping.

Romania became a member on the 29th March 2004. Having a look on Scalemates I came across this with schemes from 2007 and 2009. Who doesn’t like a MiG-21.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/wolfpack-wp14806-mig-21mf-75-lancer-c--1156516

NATO MiG:s are double cool, aren't they?

8 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I don't see why not. No reason to differentiate between weekend warriors and regulars.

Well thats good because Ive been given the Iceland flag. I was planning on doing the Nevada Air National Guard P-51’s that were stationed in Iceland in 1951. 

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:192d_Fighter-Bomber_Squadron,_North_American_F-51D-25-NA_Mustang,_sn._44-72843,_44-74482,_44-74880,_44-73788.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well thats good because Ive been given the Iceland flag. I was planning on doing the Nevada Air National Guard P-51’s that were stationed in Iceland in 1951.

Stationed in Iceland?  That means the unit was assigned to NATO so is definitely eligible.  Add to that, there is a red bar in the national insignia, which always looks good on a Mustang.  There are also other large areas of red which will look magnificent on that natural metal finish.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Only just coming across this GB proposal now. Please count me in V.P, these GB’s always expand my knowledge of subjects I’d like to know more about. Im sure I’ve got something in the stash, however it’s always a good excuse to buy something new as well. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Glad you found this Dave! Please note that this is not a proposal but already in the Future GB:s with the dates set, due to its historical significance :yahoo:

Unfortunately the 31st and 32nd members are still unratified by two member nations. I hope and believe both would be over the hurdle by then, and there's very little effect on the eligible builds regarding those two either. If and when 🇸🇪 and 🇫🇮 now join the Alliance, only the equipment in use in NATO is accepted. So, no Drakens, Viggens or MiG-21:s for these two countries! V-P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All good VP, thanks for the clarification. So I take it French equipment is eligable only until the date they were part of NATO (pre-1966 if my memory is right?). I’ll have to look for a suitable subject(s). Great to see it confirmed as a Future GB. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

All good VP, thanks for the clarification. So I take it French equipment is eligable only until the date they were part of NATO (pre-1966 if my memory is right?). I’ll have to look for a suitable subject(s). Great to see it confirmed as a Future GB. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Actually, France returned to full member status in 2009. Between 1966-2009 it was not a member of various NATO joint structures, but a member nation anyway.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Dave, I edited my previous post after checking the French history in the Alliance.

@vppelt68 that’s my understanding which is why I’m thinking a faded camouflaged Hun for the AdlA. 

Chris

• Like 1

On 12/05/2022 at 21:24, vppelt68 said:

Let me propose a NATO 75 years GB for 2024. Anything military from any NATO member since the year that specific nation joined the Alliance is an eligible subject. Here's hoping that 🇫🇮 and 🇸🇪 subjects from 2022 forward would become eligible :thumbsup:.

Right, let's start a list, but not just any list! There's a flag in the order of the current members joining the Alliance. The founding members, and when several members joined simultaneously, are placed in alphabetical order. They don't mean you'd have to build your model from that country, but it'd be great to have all of them represented!

** marks the (28/30 as of 27.9.22) countries that have fully ratified the membership applications of 🇫🇮 and 🇸🇪 and * marks those  countries (0) that have started the ratification process, but not yet formally completed.

Missing 🇭🇺 and 🇹🇷... surprise, eh?

V-P

1. 🇧🇪 ** Adam Poultney
  2. 🇨🇦 ** helios16v
  3. 🇩🇰 ** Marklo
  4. 🇫🇷 ** Chrisj2003
  5. 🇮🇸 ** Corsairfoxfouruncle
  6. 🇮🇹 ** CliffB
  7. 🇱🇺 ** JOCKNEY
  8. 🇳🇱 ** Bandsaw Steve
  9. 🇳🇴 ** TEMPESTMK5
  10. 🇵🇹 ** Robert Stuart
  11. 🇬🇧 ** franky boy
  12. 🇺🇸 ** Dansk
  13. 🇬🇷 ** modelling minion
  14. 🇹🇷 Swamp Donkey
  15. 🇩🇪 ** theplasticsurgeon
  16. 🇪🇸 ** Jabba
  17. 🇨🇿 ** bianfuxia
  18. 🇭🇺 * Col.
  19. 🇵🇱 ** Head in the clouds
  20. 🇧🇬 ** Tim R-T-C
  21. 🇪🇪 ** exdraken
  22. 🇱🇻 ** Marlin
  23. 🇱🇹 ** RaceAddict
  24. 🇷🇴 ** Jb65rams
  25. 🇸🇰 ** Wez
  26. 🇸🇮 ** arfa1983
  27. 🇦🇱 ** Lex77 (very fitting that Albania was the 7th country to ratify 🇫🇮 + 🇸🇪)
  28. 🇭🇷 ** reini
  29. 🇲🇪 ** Hockeyboy76
  30. 🇲🇰 ** zebra
  31. hopefully 🇫🇮 for myself, the host :winkgrin:
  32. hopefully 🇸🇪 Roland Pulfrew
  33. 🇧🇪 Terry1954 (to round 2 with the flags!)
  34. 🇨🇦 Dermo245
  35. 🇩🇰 Rob S
  36. 🇫🇷 John Masters
  37. 🇮🇸 Stefan Buysse
  38. 🇮🇹 ArnoldAmbrose
  39. 🇱🇺 Trickyrich
  40. 🇳🇱 drdjp11
  41. 🇳🇴 stevehnz
  42. 🇵🇹 Angus Tura
  43. 🇬🇧 @Enzo Matrix
  44. 🇺🇸 wellzy
  45. 🇬🇷 .

Tomorrow, on the 74th birthday of the Alliance, I will have the greatest of pleasures to *EDIT* significantly line 31 on this list :yahoo: 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Tomorrow, on the 74th birthday of the Alliance, I will have the greatest of pleasures to *EDIT* significantly line 31 on this list :yahoo: 

Yes Ive read about that just now, congrats V-P for Finland getting into the organization. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

🇫🇮 Finland is now the 31st full member of NATO. Anything in use by the Finnish Defence Forces from this day on will be eligible in the GB. And I'm quite happy :bounce: :yahoo: 🍾 :cheers:

Great news. Welcome!

Terry

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 12:41 PM, vppelt68 said:

Still got my fingers crossed for line 32 as well. Only one country still holding it up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

Still got my fingers crossed for line 32 as well. Only one country still holding it up. 

That'll be line 14 then 😒

As you say, fingers crossed.

Terry

• Like 1