NATO 75 Years GB Chat

• vppelt68 changed the title to NATO 75 Years GB in 2024 (@30+)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 8:24 PM, vppelt68 said:

🇪🇪 exdraken

Not sure what country I was assigned here... ;)

Maybe I should know in order to find something suitable!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

...assuming it gets an automatic bye or wins in the bunfight, may I join?

I appreciate your politeness to ask, but the Britmodeller Group Builds have an open door-policy 😊

7 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

With todays news, I'm thinking maybe I'll build something fom Finland and Sweden!  😉

Exactly the reason I thought I might go for something Türkiyesh (?) like a nice little F-16. Maybe I should balance it by building also a Greek one :hmmm:

V-P

• Like 2

I drew the Portuguese flag ... I know next to nothing about the Portuguese armed forces, except that Portugal is England's oldest ally (1373, link), and that their troops fought alongside Wellington's army in the Peninsular War (early 19C).

Just ordered some decals for a Portuguese jet ... the kit I hope to use is due for release in October.
Might be delayed, but, then, the build is over a year away (expect it'll get a bye).

{edit}p.s. The Anglo-Portuguese alliance may be the longest-standing alliance in the world, link{/edit}

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:19 AM, Terry1954 said:

With todays news, I'm thinking maybe I'll build something fom Finland and Sweden!  😉

And by the time this becomes a GB Australia will probably be a Member of NATO so sign me up!  

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, vppelt68 said:
hopefully 🇸🇪 Roland Pulfrew

Ooh excellent!  Assuming that the chosen subject has to be in service with the nation in question in 2024, then I’m in with a Gripen (which I’d originally planned to do as SAAF, but looks like it’ll have to be RSwAF instead).  

Now which country do I get if Sweden hasn’t fully joined in 2024??

28 minutes ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

Now which country do I get if Sweden hasn’t fully joined in 2024??

That'd be Canada - but of course everybody´s free to choose whichever of the then current member countries 🙂

V-P

On 12/05/2022 at 21:24, vppelt68 said:

They don't mean you'd have to build your model from that country, but it'd be great to have all of them represented!

Merci John! Just a reminder from the opening post 🙂. V-P

On 5/14/2022 at 12:01 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi V-P

A few choices here

Nimrod, I'd love to build the really ugly version with the balloon on the nose and tail (is there a conversion for this ?) or possibly a Shackleton.

Either way I'm in

Cheers Pat

Pat, not sure they are still available, but Mastercasters did a Nimrod AEW3 conversion kit 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mastercasters-mst72010-bae-nimrod-aew3-conversion--1225390

• Thanks 1