NATO 75 Years GB Chat

Hi,

The more I thought about this one, the more I became excited about it.👍

I see that the Norwegian flag is next to my name. While I realise that we are not obliged to build something from the country that has our name next to it, I would build a Norwegian F-5A.

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

With 30+ sign-ups shouldn't this be up in the Bunfight category ? 

Yes, but... As we're aiming for 2024, I think there's no hurry to get mixed up with the 2023 candidates 🙂. V-P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

May I add you to the list too?

I guess it would be rude of me to say NO. And I am the epitome of good manners. (Yeah, right! 😁)     OK, although my record of completions is not good at present. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Just checking in on this one and I see I have a Belgian flag next to my name, so I will of course be happy to build a Belgian subject, in honour of my colleague @corsaircorp! It is bound to be an F-104 CC as I have so many of them! I hope to also build at least one other nations aircraft, and perhaps an AFV!

Terry

• Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 3:07 AM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I guess it would be rude of me to say NO. And I am the epitome of good manners. (Yeah, right! 😁)     OK, although my record of completions is not good at present. Regards, Jeff.

Completions are over-rated.  :whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

guess you'd better add me to the list, maybe by this time I would have built up the courage to do my 1/32nd Viggen in the "Splinter" scheme.....or I may have a 1/32nd Draken! :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Damn, Rich, I'm glad to add you to the list, but the pre-membership machinery from any nation is not eligible... but check the "Neutrality etc GB" proposal, there a splintered Viggen would fit like a Volv... glove!

haha, jumping the gun a wee bit I think!!:D

But sign me up anyway, am bound to turn up with something a bit different... or large....or both.

I don't think my "Tuffed Duck" will be eligible as I'll be starting her as soon as #2 arrives......probably 3-4 weeks time.

Think I'll now go annoy the Neutrality lot now!!  🤣

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I feel this is a historically important subject, which should be exempt from the usual Bunfight. Therefore  am making an executive decision. 

This GB will run from 4 April 2024 to 28 July 2024.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I feel this is a historically important subject, which should be exempt from the usual Bunfight. Therefore  am making an executive decision. 

Well the date will be easy to remember, my parents 60th anniversary. 

• Like 2

On 12/05/2022 at 20:18, Chrisj2003 said:

100% in. Very early positioning 18 months to the gunfight. 

Almost everything in the stash would be eligible. Maybe I’d need 18 months to decide. 🤔

Chris

Ha I’ve still got more than 18 months to decide. I guess it depends what I build next year which will depend on the bun fight. 

Chris

1 minute ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Ha I’ve still got more than 18 months to decide. I guess it depends what I build next year which will depend on the bun fight.

I'm currently entering an F-86 frenzy, so there are numerous options there (Spanish sounds good). But as you say, there are 18 months to go, so no doubt my choice will change at least 36 times in that period! :lol:

Does anyone else find it scary that we are planning things 18 months in advance?!?!?!? 

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

:mike:

Thanks Enzo. 

/Bosse 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm currently entering an F-86 frenzy, so there are numerous options there (Spanish sounds good). But as you say, there are 18 months to go, so no doubt my choice will change at least 36 times in that period! :lol:

Does anyone else find it scary that we are planning things 18 months in advance?!?!?!? 

No this is Britmodeller and were all just a bit cracked here. 

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm currently entering an F-86 frenzy, so there are numerous options there

:hmmm:  It seems that's a bit of an understatement.   Before the expansion of NATO in the 90s, it seems that every member of NATO, with the exception of Iceland and Luxembourg, operated the F-86 in one form or another...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Scary?  Not really.  This is what we have spreadsheets for!  :evil_laugh:

I know the pain of the changing of the mind several times before a GB starts.  I'm lucky this time in that I've only a single eligible Canadian kit in the stash...at least as of now.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Before the expansion of NATO in the 90s, it seems that every member of NATO, with the exception of Iceland and Luxembourg, operated the F-86 in one form or another...

It's no coincidence, then? Both my entries will reference the F-86.

15 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I know the pain of the changing of the mind several times before a GB starts.  I'm lucky this time in that I've only a single eligible Canadian kit in the stash...at least as of now.  :lol:

Portugal didn't use so many types that I can risk building both before the GB.  One? Maybe. But not both?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, helios16v said:

Scary?  Not really.  This is what we have spreadsheets for!  :evil_laugh:

Isn't that a lot of the fun, buying a kit, researching and planning to build it in a certain scheme, and then buying another kit for another scheme, and the you come to a GB and you decide to buy yet another kit. I'm not keen on doing a  French plane, so the scope here for kits both in the stash and in my head is enormous.

Chris 

• Like 2