1/48 - Pilatus PC-21 resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Pilatus PC-21 resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - box art+ test parts - release in 2022

Thanks for the info Homebe!

Very interesting !

But at 60 Euros each you have to be very motivated.

Do you know if the Hobby Boss project for an injected plastic 1/48 Pilatus PC-21 suggested several years ago with

a teaser boxart illustration is definitely dead?

For reference, the Hobby Boss 1/48 Embraer Super Tucano sells for around 35 Euros.

Thanks for any info on this.

🙂👍

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 1

I just ordered 2, delivery definitely not before July..  so time to prepare mentally 😀

Keep in mind it I a resin kit, garage made, so lots of work to be expected!

Do not compare to a mass produced injection molded kit, especially from HB... for sure lot easier to build if it arrives one day! How correct in shape also remains to be seen... Edit: this refers to the HB kit!

Scratchaeronautics kits have great shape in my experience!

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

How correct in shape also remains to be seen...

The document here comes from Pilatus itself ! Originally, it's a 1/25 plan. Now if he works correctly following this plan, shapes should be good, I guess.

273310078_10159870572216382_912909667477

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

Thanks for the info Homebe!

Very interesting !

But at 60 Euros each you have to be very motivated.

Do you know if the Hobby Boss project for an injected plastic 1/48 Pilatus PC-21 suggested several years ago with

a teaser boxart illustration is definitely dead?

For reference, the Hobby Boss 1/48 Embraer Super Tucano sells for around 35 Euros.

Thanks for any info on this.

🙂👍

SharkOwl

Apples vs oranges. This is a hand crafted limited release resin kit. It's not for everyone. 

Cheers,

Vedran

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Pilatus PC-21 resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - box art+test parts+decals - release in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Pilatus PC-21 resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - box art+parts+instructions+decals - release in 2022

Just like the new BPK P-8 Poseidon kit, they've made an error with the RAAF roundels, I'm afraid... half of the roundels should have the 'roos facing in the opposite direction.

Bring back the old blue/white RAAF markings, I say! No room for error then. 😉

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Pilatus PC-21 resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - box art+parts+instructions+decals - release in 2023
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Pilatus PC-21 resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - released