1/72 New Tool Dominie, HS.125-400, and -125 series 1, 3

All: I met with Milan, Sword's boss, at Moson at the end of April, who told me he is actively researching the Dominie T.1 and HS.125-400 for future projects.  Don't throw away your Airfix Classics yet, though!  I strongly encouraged him to proceed with both aircraft models, and he cautioned that it depended on the economic situation.  I also suggested that he engineer the Dominie with a series of optional parts, including the ventral equipment bay, to allow modelers to build Series 1 or 3 business jets.  

Side Note: Sword's team was uniformly unenthusiastic about producing a 1/72 C-140 (Lockheed JetStar) due to its size.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

The Dom is a good one to do. Lets hope this goes ahead.   There are some nice Xtradecals waiting for it as long as they are accurate.

27 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Side Note: Sword's team was uniformly unenthusiastic about producing a 1/72 C-140 (Lockheed JetStar) due to its size.  

Was it not Sword who, not all that long ago, kitted the U-125 which is a late-version maritime patrol..........................HS125?

• Like 1

A family of 1st generation HS.125 Dominie would be a rather logical follow up to their current BAe/Hawker 125-800/U-125/C-29A kits

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235099693-172-c-29a-bae-125-800-by-sword-models-box-art-sprue/

Could be a very nice kit in 1/48th, just to say.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Sad to hear about the C-140.  Such a great looking aircraft.  Ah well...  Amodel, Modelsvit, Special Hobby, anyone, anyone, Bueller...Bueller...

Edited by Grayhawk
Othe Company Suggestions
  • Sad 2

On 5/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Ohhh, my heart is crushed.  😒

• Sad 1

Milan says the Dominie will likely be ready by the end of this year.  Of course, it would be a nice Christmas present!  At the same time, we all know that these projects sometimes slip to the right, scheduling-wise.

• Like 6

Would really like a new Dominie T.1 and HS.125-400, even if they don't go deeper with the early variants (lots of small changes to be honest).

I have a lot of Airfix Dominies in my stash because there are so many attractive schemes, but you really need a lot of work to reach a nice result, at least for my tastes.

Definitely eager to buy at least one when it will be released!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

There were some changes to the aircraft during their service lives, including a new, longer radome for more modern radar and changes to the cabin window layout.  Let's hope these are provided for in the kit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Is there a civil version in the offing? 

My information on that is two years old.  At that time, Sword was looking at a -400, which would make sense, because it could be built as a RAF CC.1.

Regarding the nose, number of windows, presence or absence of advanced doppler, etc., I do not pretend to know what the parts breakdown on the Dominie will be.  I have made some suggestions to Sword about what modelers would care about, including the ability to replace the ventral equipment bay with a shorter fairing to model Series 1 and 3 aircraft.  It would be logical for Sword to start with six windows, for example, as well as offer different flap track fairings and various ventral fin options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

My information on that is two years old.  At that time, Sword was looking at a -400, which would make sense, because it could be built as a RAF CC.1.

Regarding the nose, number of windows, presence or absence of advanced doppler, etc., I do not pretend to know what the parts breakdown on the Dominie will be.  I have made some suggestions to Sword about what modelers would care about, including the ability to replace the ventral equipment bay with a shorter fairing to model Series 1 and 3 aircraft.  It would be logical for Sword to start with six windows, for example, as well as offer different flap track fairings and various ventral fin options.

I’m a fan of the DH.125 and I approve this message! 😀

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Like 3

Want an early 125 to do the Man From Uncle plane but can't remember which variant they used. Want to do a Court Line and a Condor one too, Maybe Qantas and Maersk too.

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

Want an early 125 to do the Man From Uncle plane but can't remember which variant they used. Want to do a Court Line and a Condor one too, Maybe Qantas and Maersk too.

Paul Harrison

A quick google says Series 3A 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 8:29 PM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

A quick google says Series 3A 

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

A new Dominie would be nice with seeing them at Finningley over the years. The Airfix kit is a bit ropey in places as it shows its age. Hope it comes off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

The Airfix kit is a bit ropey in places

Well stated!  It's overdue for replacement.  Others have covered the Airfix kit's eccentricities so no need to elaborate here.  I also hope this project bears fruit, and if it doesn't, I'll be mightily disappointed, particularly as I was the original source of this rumor.