Adam's provisional thread

I'm finally getting around to putting up a provisional thread here. I'm not sure what I'll build right now but it only seems right that I build something for a group build I was so keen to see make it for this year. So far I've enjoyed watching the other builds, but I've come to the conclusion that with the time constrains I'm going to have my original plan of building the RS kit will not be realistic. I'm not put off by the challenge it appears to be, I can handle a difficult build, but I'm only going to have a couple of weeks between finishing exams and being away from home for a month doing gliding and other things.

So... I need to buy a new kit, and one that I can build in two weeks. Looking at the available options, they are:

. Mark 1 Models Do17Z, 1/144 scale

It's in my favourite scale, it's small, it should be a quick build. I'm not sure of the quality or accuracy of the kit however but I guess I'll find out if I choose this one

. Revell or ICM Do17Z-10, 1/72 scale

Good scale, good tooling (ICM, which is a Ukrainian tooling so that's a bonus), simple but good looking scheme

. ICM Do215B-5

Good scale, I think it's a good tooling (the more recent one) and again,  Ukrainian which is a bonus, good scheme like the Z-10, and I like the look of the engines on this instead of the Do17Z's Radial ones.

Any comments on these options, or suggestions, would be more than welcome :)

I'll likely start at the end of May

• Like 2

I'm very grateful for the effort you put into making this GB go through the Bunfight, Adam! Get yourself a later tool ICM kit and I'm sure you'll finish it in two weeks - at least if you choose to do an all-black camouflage :giggle:. V-P

• Like 3

I would go with the ICM kit . I'M building one now and cant believe how fast its comming together . Like you say it Ukraineian so a way of sendinf support . I will be giveing Ukraine my vote in the European Song Contest , even if it means i have to watch it :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd go with the 215 if you prefer the inline engines over the radials (and I had exactly the same thinking when chosing my 217N-1)

James

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

I will be giveing Ukraine my vote in the European Song Contest , even if it means i have to watch it :)

With the sound on or off? You only need to see the phone number, right? ;)

James

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, 81-er said:

With the sound on or off? You only need to see the phone number, right? ;)

James

With my hearing aids in and equiped with new batteries , the tv volume turned on to max and the curtains drawn closed .

Its the nearest thing to creating a pain amplifier as in Dune 

• Haha 3

On 5/11/2022 at 2:44 PM, Mottlemaster said:

I will be giveing Ukraine my vote in the European Song Contest , even if it means i have to watch it :)

I see you are really committed, making the ultimate sacrifice 😄

On 5/11/2022 at 1:59 PM, Adam Poultney said:

So... I need to buy a new kit, and one that I can build in two weeks.

I would vote for the Mark1 kit as I think it would fit the criteria well and because I've never seen one being built and therefore curious how it goes together. 

Whichever kit you choose, most important is you have fun 👍

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm finally back home a bit later than expected, I don't really want to buy more kits at the moment so I guess I'll go with the one I already have... that's the RS kit. Wish me luck I'm going to need it

Err cancel the above, I just clipped the main parts off the sprue and noticed a lot of poorly cast bits that I will need to repair. I don't think I can finish that in the available time. I think I'll save it for luftwaffe twins if that goes ahead.  Doesn't look like I'll be able to get a build in for this one :(

• Sad 3