Chevelle 67' Pro Street

After modeling 6 airplanes(and 1/4 too), I decided to do something different. So, naturally I chose this car. I set out researching and came up with a color scheme from the wonderful world of the internet. I went with this 2 color scheme with black and orange which I think will do nicely for this drag racer.

y4mL0mv2hmqES9quEX7SrcH1RDFcLTMBGGg8Nuwt

Originally they have the car pictured yellow with optional stripes for the side. But I thought that was too boring and I wanted to make it complicated for some reason.

y4me19KxDqspC1ZbX2914TfjITk1yQaWDR-8hAjM 

Here is everything straight out of the box(sort of). As you can see, I got ahead of myself and painted already. More on that later. 

y4mb_TJ2aokQVVA_8CistOHP0zgIaV7V8SzmsPyv 

Most of these decals I plan on not using, as the red color is the wrong color and probably would not look very good with the orange top. Maybe I'll use the white or something. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

y4mg2T_WFZD59Rswcl-dwssvDwPCXyi9N-q3RgQ- 

These are the parts I painted so far. I finished the engine bay, hood, radiator panel thing, back wall of the engine bay, and hood hinges. I started to paint the body but only got so far since my airbrush started to act weird. Guess I got to deep clean it again😖. Till next time! y4m2dqPe2t_NwPmnsWaOgr_pTTSB6Ei_u-Qrm33h

• Like 11

19 hours ago, Joanna said:

Here is everything straight out of the box(sort of). As you can see, I got ahead of myself and painted already. More on that later. 

Shame about the air brush playing up, but this looks a very promising start. You say you got ahead of yourself, but I think most car builders would start with spraying the body first before moving onto building it up so you can consider yourself to be building it up the 'proper' way :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's been a long time since I first started this model. Sometimes I find I have way too many hobbies...

Anyway, I'm still having airbrush problems but now I have a few ideas of what it might be. The paint is uneven due to the airbrush problems. I've done some more painting with the orange and cut a hole in the hood for the engine. I still need to do a couple more coats of paint. I'll keep yall posted on whatever happens next! :bye:

y4mrgo90k8ocGOa8adRzJeIKfBc1WspR74pQtGQH

y4mw8rz-06dSn4vITOxdenOjy7k1ZalgzQhSZuBq

y4mOeNPp6Dgw1uXehlxmJ0lRgchA2zabJvS8ayUR

y4mTY_TX9wwjkfqcLruXwohqWXmnK_jrk9sYOnyG

• Like 8

• 5 months later...

At this point, I've moved on to the interior details and the engine. I used Testor's Chrysler engine red for the block and added a few scratches to the bottom of the engine. I also used bronze to tint on the exhaust over steel. The interior is flint grey (also Testors paint). The roll cage gave me quite the battle when trying to glue it together. It still is not really in the right place, but is good enough. All that is left to be done is the bottom of the car, finish painting the body, and putting everything together. For the most part, I finished painting the rest of the parts and once the rest of the pieces are painted I can put it together and add finishing touches. I plan to have it done in the next few upcoming weeks, but we'll see. I hope yall had a great new years and until next time!:party:

y4mDiEMkUF7kvvQKrP59bRzNWcoi9D-yy9E0bB17

y4mq5n_qNTPYKYKlSos-ea-zdezTO3Y4Z6vHq0tGy4m3AkvxZIA8tVwDciq9hhWjhlisVIBnbEYTmBLRy4mYPBndW2wvbG2wuToAlO8CwmoVCxPRdixb4L8l

y4mGdi8YQ116wre_zWNOkWgZBNuw1qidtP_cb2rNy4mQPwFidg2L3jHs12GK6kiVo81cdj2uODRrPyOO

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I've moved onto airbrushing again. I finished up the orange coat (finally). I then masked the top and bottom of the car in preparation of airbrushing black. Both paint colors are Testor's: Gloss tangerine and flat black. As portrayed by the photos, once finished with the black I installed the engine and parts of the interior (not shown). A new method for masking I used this time was wall putty for hanging up pictures and things like that. It helped a lot with spots tape couldn't quite cut it. I am relieved that the airbrushing is over and I was able to work out some of the beginner issues with it. 

I should have a couple more posts within the next week as I am farther done than this post shows at the moment. 

:bye:   Happy modeling, Jo

y4mQtFMUR0LYMNjURUK5ofoIistQ6G96qNugtw6w

y4mBkA1ti6xcYCLwZPg2flYb6IFLhNv8goukSDYV

y4mN4k8FXjLCTe7ITjWnIwpfSGQai8v4q7BfDYoh

Edited by Joanna
  • Like 11

All that is needed to do is to put it all together and add finishing touches. I've put together the engine and drive train as well as suspension. The interior is almost finished. I'm excited to get it all together. I'll be posting again shortly.

Cheers, Joanna

y4myNP4xzTa5d042MrwOtyOsEtLTg79aW01QF7oB

y4mv7WqxNrPQBaDWgYQnhSYoOFUyvNi71yVdpriZ

• Like 9

Likewise I'm eagerly awaiting the completed article. I hope we can see more builds from you in the future, this one's right up my street!

On 4/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Very smart. Looking forward to the final pictures. Will you be building any more cars?

I definitely enjoyed this model and I probably will be doing more cars in the future.  I currently have a Sonoma truck but I think I'm going to do a couple airplanes first (beginning with a simple Testor's PT-20) since I have more of those in my stash.

Edited by Joanna
  • Like 1

What you've all been waiting for! The finished '67 Chevelle Pro street. I'm really glad how this turned out and that I've gotten the kinks out of using the airbrush. For being my first car, I'm very happy with it. I didn't glue down the hood so I could still display the engine but keep the original look of the car without the hood being in the way. If you want to tag along with my next build, here's the link: 

Enjoy the photos!! (Some are blurry, sorry about that..🤔) To the workbench for another model! :yahoo:Cheers, 

Joanna

y4m_oyeIofYKfke6kClrcvRoGO3exCsS439FzDd9y4m8CozJPZ4YgnjD56AOF9SWtJJT1Qx1Vo0uXsP6y4mT__HPxk_OD_3qj6aPlhxLWChMxya34Y5UoH1gy4mi1tn4uNrmGSj6bGxSHROVsNwA_jP6Uz2BIJSG

y4m8IcusoKHF2h_95LV2uQ9jOJ00KPEJLELXkkIRy4mv2D4zBhoF8nd8bS2dW96FZAqr2sxPWCT4Ef53y4mnoup42Xg4A8PCZT7f5GVEKFC9VKrO05BJAclz

• Like 11

Your first car model?  You've played a blinder.  Creative, well finished, I love the bonnet (hood!) treatment and the interior especially is great.  I love it!

• Like 1

Got to admit I'm not really a fan of the street-drag look (or whatever the proper name is), but I do like the look of this build. The orange and black combination in particular gives a great contrast and the quality of the paint is pretty well spot on too. Definitely doesn't show this is your first car build 👍

• Like 1