Chevelle 67' Pro Street

After modeling 6 airplanes(and 1/4 too), I decided to do something different. So, naturally I chose this car. I set out researching and came up with a color scheme from the wonderful world of the internet. I went with this 2 color scheme with black and orange which I think will do nicely for this drag racer.

y4mL0mv2hmqES9quEX7SrcH1RDFcLTMBGGg8Nuwt

Originally they have the car pictured yellow with optional stripes for the side. But I thought that was too boring and I wanted to make it complicated for some reason.

y4me19KxDqspC1ZbX2914TfjITk1yQaWDR-8hAjM 

Here is everything straight out of the box(sort of). As you can see, I got ahead of myself and painted already. More on that later. 

y4mb_TJ2aokQVVA_8CistOHP0zgIaV7V8SzmsPyv 

Most of these decals I plan on not using, as the red color is the wrong color and probably would not look very good with the orange top. Maybe I'll use the white or something. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

y4mg2T_WFZD59Rswcl-dwssvDwPCXyi9N-q3RgQ- 

These are the parts I painted so far. I finished the engine bay, hood, radiator panel thing, back wall of the engine bay, and hood hinges. I started to paint the body but only got so far since my airbrush started to act weird. Guess I got to deep clean it again😖. Till next time! y4m2dqPe2t_NwPmnsWaOgr_pTTSB6Ei_u-Qrm33h

• Like 9

19 hours ago, Joanna said:

Here is everything straight out of the box(sort of). As you can see, I got ahead of myself and painted already. More on that later. 

Shame about the air brush playing up, but this looks a very promising start. You say you got ahead of yourself, but I think most car builders would start with spraying the body first before moving onto building it up so you can consider yourself to be building it up the 'proper' way :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's been a long time since I first started this model. Sometimes I find I have way too many hobbies...

Anyway, I'm still having airbrush problems but now I have a few ideas of what it might be. The paint is uneven due to the airbrush problems. I've done some more painting with the orange and cut a hole in the hood for the engine. I still need to do a couple more coats of paint. I'll keep yall posted on whatever happens next! :bye:

y4mrgo90k8ocGOa8adRzJeIKfBc1WspR74pQtGQH

y4mw8rz-06dSn4vITOxdenOjy7k1ZalgzQhSZuBq

y4mOeNPp6Dgw1uXehlxmJ0lRgchA2zabJvS8ayUR

y4mTY_TX9wwjkfqcLruXwohqWXmnK_jrk9sYOnyG

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Joanna said:

It's been a long time since I first started this model. Sometimes I find I have way too many hobbies..

Sounds familiar 😄 

Great subject and a very nice colour too 👍 

• Like 1